Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-09-2007, 08:51 AM   #1

SUN #78
tedontario
Eternabond Roof Repair

First let me say "We do not have a roof problem at this time" I am asking more for the maintenence aspect then anything else. Has any one had any experience with the Etenabond roof products . From reading their page it sounds like a good preventive maintenence plan. .http://www.eternabond.com/detail.asp?id=ebosmrvt

Thanks for the input and warmer weather is on the way.
Ted

Old 03-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Ted

I have not tried the Eternabond. But have a roll for the time a bad day, or branch shall I say, comes my way. On RV.net there has been a lot posted about it. A search may turn up some. Those that have used it, say it is good.

I have however used the Dicor. I actually bought it from Sunline when they where still open. What they sent me was:

Dicro White 502-LSW Self Leveling Sealant.

It is what is up on the roof now sealing up everything around the vents, sides, etc where ever there is a roof seal.

The Dicor stays pliable, sticks like unbelievable and flows to level itself out. Here is there site: Dicro.com

Your right, you need a "tube of stuff” around and a "roll of stuff" . Every year is good to look at every inch of the roof and seam for anything that looks like a crack or tear and seal it up before the leak comes.

What ever you do, do not use silicone up there. It does not bond right on the rubber roofs or to adjoining Dicor. Over time it will peal right off.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:02 AM   #3

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Ours is new (built in April), do we need to 'pre-coat' the new roof to prevent cracking?
Old 03-10-2007, 07:24 AM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybluetj
Ours is new (built in April), do we need to 'pre-coat' the new roof to prevent cracking?
NO, even our roofs that are 2 years old do not need to be coated. We are talking about a patch kit in the event we tear into a branch at a camp. Being at a camp ground with an actual tear in the rubber is a hole to the inside. Does not happen very often if you are careful, but does happen. You may not back up into a branch, but one can fall out of a tree during a wind and rain storm.

And the self leveling sealant is for spot repairs. Each year you should look over every seam on the roof for small separations of gaps in the caulking. Any small gap should be filled then. Before it progresses.

Hope this helps.

John

Your new Sunline manual has a section in it about cleaning the roof. This is something we all have to do, new or not. If you have an area where mold grows fast or is real dusty and the camper is outside, keep the roof washed. I do my every 2 to 2 1/2 months when stored outside.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #5

SUN #228
qlty
Eternabond

I used it on a 24 ft M Home and sold it 3 years later the tape was still intact and like new.I have heard other good reports about it.Only thing is its not cheap.