Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-14-2015, 02:47 PM   #1

SUN #4407
underdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Duo-Therm Ducted AC Thermostat

This isn't on the Sunline but I got good help here fixing my fridge. Duo-Therm Brisk Air Ducted AC unit 13,500 Model 57915.303. It's from 1992.

I believe the wall thermostat is bad. Actually it seems to function OK except for the on-off power switch. I had it in the off position and the AC hummed , quit for a second then came on. I should have known because when we looked at the unit, the wife opened the circuit box and turned the breaker on to start the air.

I believe it's the little slide switch on the circuit board ?? I could change it if I could source a new one. I'd just buy a new thermostat assembly but not having any luck finding any this old. The furnace has it's own thermostat.

So any suggestions? Maybe something that will retrofit without spending half of a new AC. I see lots of replacements but not sure what will be compatible.
Thanks

Jim & Laurie
Pittsburgh Area
1990 StarRay T205
2005 Dodge Dakota V8 Tow pac.
1992 Gulfstream Ultra LE Mini 27'
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
sep

SUN #7710
sep is an unknown quantity at this point
I had good luck buying one on ebay and it was inexpensive. Mine is a combo A/C and furnace with hi/low fan. Is there a part number on your thermostat? It may be somewhere on or near the cover or you may have to turn off the power to it and unscrew it from the wall. The tag may be on the back of it. With mine, the model was replaced with a newer one and all sellers listed the cross reference number.
Steve

Old 10-15-2015, 08:19 AM   #3

SUN #4407
underdog is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll check it out. Thanks

Jim & Laurie
Pittsburgh Area
1990 StarRay T205
2005 Dodge Dakota V8 Tow pac.
1992 Gulfstream Ultra LE Mini 27'
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote