Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #1

SUN #114
pamwinn
Can't raise the table in the 2363

Well, we are camping. It isn't a campground I would come back to, but I suppose it's okay and the wi-fi actually works on my site.

There is something strange about the river that we are on, Little Pidgeon, I think it's polluted which is sad. In the afternoon, the river rises several feet and starts flowing in the opposite direction. When it goes back down and resumes it's normal flow, it leaves foam behind on the banks.

We aren't letting the dogs near it. I think being neophytes with anything except state parks, there has to be something that others know that we do not because there are a lot of vacancies here and we are in the Pidgeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. Oh, well..guess we'll find out soon enough.

We are unable to raise the drop down table. It feels like it is latched in place. We are aftaid to pull on it. We've looked behind it using a flashlight but can't see anything. We removed the stop thinking we could slide the table completely out of the track but it's stuck on something. Any ideas?

Old 07-16-2007, 03:41 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Pam,

I don't remember any way that my table could be locked. I actually had a problem where the table actually fell out of the track during travel. My only suggestion is to look at where the leg goes behind the table. It may be stuck on something. If you need to release the leg, it should be the same style/design as the one you had in your 1950. Remember, the leg is sometimes hard to release from the closed position. You may need a pair of pliers to get it to move out of the slot.

If the leg won't get unstuck from behind, you can always remove the track. I think it's held on with 4 screws.

Jon

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #3

SUN #114
pamwinn
Fixed it. If any one has the same problem, I have the solution. We removed the stop and 4 or 5 screws in the track. The 5th screw was impossible to get to. So we told Keith (our friend) to pull the bottom of the table....He's strong and there was a very loud pop. We thought it was broken but it wasn't . We suppose it was simply frozen. It's all back together now. Camping is fun.

Now...let's see if we can get that oven lit.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:09 PM   #4

SUN #44
SanDimasJoe
Polluted river

Hello PamWinn,

I'm just curious to know if you ever found out why that river reversed it's flow. If it was near the ocean, I could see the ocean's tide doing that. But otherwise that is a real mystery.

Joe
SanDimasJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #5

SUN #114
pamwinn
No, I have not found out. I am not sure I could get an honest answer, but I am going to try to find out. Another camper told me it from a power company. It lasts for several hours very much like a tide. The water looks nice with some rocks and a few ripples here and there in the AM. As the day progresses it rises and gets dirty looking then flows in the opposite direction. Right now it looks like a stagnant pond. It doesn't appear to me moving in any direction at all. Leaves and scummy looking stuff just sitting on top of the water motionless. I wish someone who lives here would let me know what this is. It is the Little Pidgeon River in Sevierville, Tennessee.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:17 AM   #6

SUN #307
purplesuebug
I read last night that they release water from the dam on one of the forks on Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday and another day.....I forget. I don't know where the dam is in relation to your location or even which branch of the Little Pigeon either is on. Everything I read last night (with the exception of some E.coli in the area of farmlands) that the Little Pigeon is clean. This comes from the EPA of TN homepage. As you see, you awoke my curiousity as well. I'll let you know if I find anything else. Oh.........by the way, Schedualed release of the dam is on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m. between Memorial Day and Labor Day. If you are on another branch of the river from where the dam is, water may run backwards up you brach just as if it were a tidal surge. The dam is the powerplant. Plus there is troat in the Little Pigeon which means it has to be pretty darn clean for those fellas to survive. Hope this helps......M&S.
purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:03 PM   #7

SUN #329
GreenWillow
Hi pamwinn!!!

Glad that *some* lucky people are getting to camp right now!!! Glad to hear that you got the table (and the door) fixed. Do you mind sharing the CG name, so if it's not a good one we can avoid it?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #8

SUN #114
pamwinn
The name of the campground is Ripplin' Waters. Once we got used to the campground and the strangeness of the river, we decided it was okay. It's only 26 dollars per night with full hookups. That is half of some of the other campgrounds in the area. It is not as good as Treemont. I never even entered the bath house so I can't comment on that. We moved to a site with more shade. There were more cigarette butts than I have ever seen before. We finally cleaned them up ourselves. I read on the internet that the campground is clean, but not on the sites we were on.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #9

SUN #328
bugbite
Re: Polluted river

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDimasJoe
Hello PamWinn,

I'm just curious to know if you ever found out why that river reversed it's flow. If it was near the ocean, I could see the ocean's tide doing that. But otherwise that is a real mystery.

Joe
Hey Joe... the Pigeon River (no D) is polluted by the papermill in Ashville, NC many, many miles away. When the water changes course it's the mill releasing it's waste water (they claim is all nice and clean) Been lawsuits for years and the EPA has let them off w/ a pass. The foamy stuff she talks about is the cruddy water (like flushing a toilet) then returns to the normal flow.

Good new is ... like I keep saying ... camp on the quiet side of the Smokies. That is thru Maryville to Townsend and to the Park. Right outside the Park entrance are 2 campgrounds. Nice but don't look for much space in each lot.

That side of the Pigeon River is very very clean in contrast. So clean it is a very popular spot to swim and tube.

Don't camp on the Kodak, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg side. Tourist trap. Nightmare to tow a trailer thru.

Pam only camped there because the quiet side was booked.

The quiet much more beautiful side takes reservations several weeks in advance generally for the weekends. Might could sneak in during the week tho.
Cool Runnings Silent and Swift
bugbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:45 PM   #10

SUN #114
pamwinn
I was told by some locals that the Little Pigeon river feeds into the french broad river. The Douglas dam lets water into the French Broad which backs up the Little Pigeon. I saw fish in the river and turtles.

Bugbite is correct, the campgrounds in Townsend and the river there, which is called the Little River is much better. I have stayed in a Hotel on that rive 15 or so times in the last year. It is crystal clear and flows rapidly in one direction all day long. Tremont and Little Indian are both worth consideration. I have driven through both on each trip to Townsend. I would recommend Tremont and I would try to book far enough in advance to get a river front site in the old section,