Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #1

SUN #733
tervio
Broken window rear door

My wife and I went to check out our trailer this weekend and found the window in the rear door was broken. It looks like the cold weather may have helped. I need advice on how to find a replacement for this window. Is it a D.I.Y job?
Sunline Solaris Lite 2363
Thanks

Old 04-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #2

SUN #597
henryj
Door Window

This should be a standard item at most RV dealers. Here's a link to Stoltzfus'--a former PA Sunline dealer--online catalog. This catalog is from Coast to Coast and is used by many RV dealers in the US and Canada.

http://www.go-rv.com/coast/do/catalo...47&pageNum=861

It's too dark to check my trailer now so I'm just guessing this is the right window and whether it should be a diy item. Hope you didn't find any other damage or evidence of a break in.

Henry

henryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #3

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
If it's the newer style door with the rounded frame corners, then it is an industry standard door used by many, many TT and 5'er manufacturers.

Any good RV dealer can get you the replacement glass and it should be an easy DIY job. You might also be able to get one online - there are a number of good internet shopping sites for RV parts. But your local RV dealer might just have the right window glass in stock, too.

But... If I found one of my door windows broken, I'd check into replacing it with clear glass for which I could then make up some kind of privacy curtain. In our 2453, there is no window from the bedroom out on the door side of the TT and I'd like one there. Any good glass shop should be able to provide a piece of the appropriate glass for the application. I'd just pull the whole window frame assembly from the door and take it with me to the glass shop.

I guess that also suggests that you may well be able to purchase replacement frosted or pebbled glass at any local glass shop. And it might well be less expensive than the RV sources.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #4

SUN #733
tervio
Thanks for your help, I will try to fix the window this coming weekend.

Tervio