Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #1

SUN #2361
Cleon is an unknown quantity at this point
blackwater blockage

Suspect I have a blockage in the blackwater tank. dumped it last night got lots of slow running water nothing else. the cap has a garden hose connection on it so i connected a garden hose and "back flushed" it but that didn't seem to help. tried hot water which used to work in our motorhome, no luck. next trick may be to use a drain snake back up past the valve. that could be messy any other ideas?

Old 08-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #2

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Fill it about 1/3 full of COLD water. Then add maybe 50 pounds or more of ice cubes. Take it for a drive on the most unsmooth road you have around. The ice will bust up those "solids" without damaging anything. Top off the black tank and let it sit for a few hours or longer before dumping.

That should do the trick. However, if you have a really dried up obstruction in the black drain line, you may have to soak it for days before it will clear.

Snaking uphill is a bad, bad thing. My dad was a plumber, and I learned from the best!

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #3

SUN #2361
Cleon is an unknown quantity at this point
went back to it over my lunch hour, filled it to the brim with water, emptied pail by pail, nothing. because there's nothing there. after looking underneath, which I hadn't before because it was dark when i started all this hoopla, i see the tank runs the width of the trailer ahead of the axles. the exit tube is on the end, so i suspect that because of its design, the tank naturally empties slower than our motorhome did. to further back myself up I took a flashlight and had a look, sure enough i see the far end of the tank and it appears to clean as whip. doesn't even smell bad anymore so i guess it drains slow and just needed a good rinsing for the aroma issue. thanks anyway, will keep that ice cube idea under my hat you never know.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:35 AM   #4

SUN #96
rebellious78
That ice thing works good, but try purchasing a Flush King adapter for drain. We use it every time we go camping. You can buy it at Camping world or some RV dealers

Flush King Link Untitled Document

David & Mary Ann
2018 Ford F350 Dually 6.7L Powerstroke
2006 Sunline Solaris T-264-SR
2012 Palomino Bronco B1500LB
rebellious78 is offline   Reply With Quote