Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #1

SUN #2880
jaydeeny is an unknown quantity at this point
Black Water Tank Vent Remove

I had to remove the black Water tank on 2001 T2363 to repair it. I had to cut the vent pipe off as I lowered the tank. I plan on using a nohub connector connect the pipes. How do I get the pipe to join the roof vent piece? Is there a access point?
Any help will be appreciated.
Jay

Old 03-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
When you say "no hub connector" do you mean a rubber coupling with stainless worm drive hose clamps on the ends?

As to getting to it, I do not know enough about your floor plan exactly however is the vent piping going up the wall behind the shower faucet area? The black tank is usually under the toilet and there are only so many walls the roof vent pipe can go up in that area. If it is in the shower faucet wall there should be an access panel to get to the trap of the shower and the back of the faucet. If so then maybe you can reach the vent pipe.

Unless the bath and kitchen wall is thicker then normal for the pipe to run up that way.

Where is the pipe in location to your floor plan? I'm just looking at the 2001 brochure for the T2363 trying to figure out where it might be.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:14 AM   #3

SUN #2880
Yes, the rubber connector with gear clamps. The vent pipe goes up by the refrigerator next to the door.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #4

SUN #3354
UPbuilder is an unknown quantity at this point
The pipe should just sit inside the vent termination cap. There is not an actual fitting it mates with, it's just kind of a loose fit through the roof and the cap sits over the pipe.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #5

SUN #2880
Thanks, so best bet is to remove the vent termination cap on the roof and re-install after I get the tank back in.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #6

SUN #3354
UPbuilder is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah just pop the top of the cap off, you don't need to remove the whole thing off the roof. You can install the vent pipe from the inside, just push it up through the cap and down into your Fernco rubber fitting. Or you can slide the Fernco down on the pipe coming out of the tank so it's flush, you could install the vent pipe and then slide the Fernco up, then you wouldn't even have to go on the roof to remove the cap. There might even be enough clearance in the cap to raise the vent pipe over the Fernco without removing the cap. Hope that makes sense.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #7

SUN #2880
Thanks again, if the weather holds, I hope to attack it this weekend.

Tags
black water tank, vent pipe