Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #21

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, the vinyl planking really looks good - nice job!

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #22

SUN #1879
OhhWell is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Might be best to replace it if it is bad shape...especially if the water damage there at the base came from the toilet itself and not from a loose flange or loose water input hose. Those plastic toilets when really stained are pretty tough to salvage.
Well, I took the toilet apart yesterday and concluded that indeed we will probably just replace it. It looked like the seals on the internal lines from the valve to the in-bowl jet were shot. That wouldn't have been to big of a deal but without being able to test it, I couldn't really trust the thing and taking it off regularly to check it obviously is out of the question. Also, the seal that keeps the upper part on the lower looked like a royal pain in the rear to replace. Hard to describe but it was kinda like real thin butyl tape with a slot in the middle.

I was trying desperately to save $180 or so but will just have to look at getting a nice new porcelin bowl next month.

Former trailers - '94 T-2770
'02 t-2753
'08 Keystone Sprinter 299BHSS
OhhWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #23

SUN #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabes View Post
Wow, the vinyl planking really looks good - nice job!
Thanks. Not only does it look good but it is very durable, flexable and doesn't expand with moisture or even humididty like laminate. I can't recomend this stuff enough for a camper. The cheaper Alure stuff is better than the expensive planks because it uses overlaping adhesive instead of click locking like normal laminate.

The one downside is that it is pretty heavy. I probably added another 200-250 lbs to the trailer. At least it's pretty evenly distributed with a little more in the front.

'02 t-2753
Old 01-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #24

SUN #1340
Drake is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry about having to replace the "throne," but you may be saving yourself money and another repair job, or at minimum the headache of taking the toilet back off if it leaks when you get it repaired....and it appears from what you wrote that it could have been the water damage culprit in the bathroom anyway.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #25

SUN #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Sorry about having to replace the "throne," but you may be saving yourself money and another repair job, or at minimum the headache of taking the toilet back off if it leaks when you get it repaired....and it appears from what you wrote that it could have been the water damage culprit in the bathroom anyway.
It most definately was the source of the water damage but here is the kinda disgusting part as I think of it:

When I lifted the toilet with the water pressure on, it was leaking but internaly, meaning that water was slowly but constantly trickling into the black tank..... This trailer was parked in a permanent spot....

Yuck. All better now though.

'02 t-2753
Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #26

SUN #4712
RangerAl91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good Job! I am presently repairing the floor also,the roof vent stack was leaking.I tore off the sagging white interior roof,guess what?Rot everywhere.You are not alone.Anyway good luck!I sure could use some advice on what material to use on the interior roof.Shower board?Also,exterior roof.Cool seal?Any help would be much appreciated. Dave(new member)
Old 01-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #27

SUN #4040
jim44646 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhWell View Post
Does anyone know if you can get or make a fitting that would allow you to hook a garden hose up to the toilet (With pressure regulator inline of course)?
You can tee into supply line and use a sink sprayer
Firestone Transforce AT tires
Reese Dual Cam Sway Control
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #28

SUN #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerAl91 View Post
Good Job! I am presently repairing the floor also,the roof vent stack was leaking.I tore off the sagging white interior roof,guess what?Rot everywhere.You are not alone.Anyway good luck!I sure could use some advice on what material to use on the interior roof.Shower board?Also,exterior roof.Cool seal?Any help would be much appreciated. Dave(new member)
Hi, I would start a new thread asking those questions. I know at least 2 people here have done some extensive roof work. Beyond just resealing, I'm a bit afraid of that job. If I had a large covered space to take my time and work on it, I wouldn't be as cautious.

I got a bout 5/8 done with the quarter round and trim yesterday. I only had about 3 hours set aside for the job and it was TEDIOUS. Hopefully I can get the rest done throughout the week a bit here and there after work. Then if I'm lucky, they back will have dried out and I can treat and replace.

'02 t-2753
Old 06-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #29

SUN #5245
Anita1 is an unknown quantity at this point
That looks awesome! Did you just snuggle the flooring under the plastic strip that lines the edge or did you have to remove that strip and reinstall it? I was scared to replace the flooring in my camper and was thinking of making a gigantic pattern of the entire camper floor and then buying the extra thick flooring that only has to be taped on the edges but now I think I will do what you did and use the Allure product....it looks great!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #30

SUN #1879
Sorry to respond so late and it is probably useless now but, I cut the flooring to but up right against that little plastic trim strip and then put quarter-round down everywhere. The flooring came up pretty even with the plastic trim. I left the existing linoleum flooring down so didn't really have to worry much if some water got to the edge of the new floor.

How did your project go? The vinyl planks are a bit more work putting down but a lot easier to get fit perfectly than one huge piece of flooring.

'02 t-2753