Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #1

SUN #1750
jaken is an unknown quantity at this point
Another newby question......

I guess I need to introduce myself. I made a post awhile back about a heater for my little Sunline and got all kinds of help from you great folks.

I got this little 1977 12 1/2 MC from Fletcher's Trailer Sales up in New York about 2 months ago. Couldn't be happier! Take a look at his website...if I didn't know better I would of thought they were Southern Folk hehehe.

My wife and I run a little business called "Diggin' In Virginia". We organize Civil War relic hunts for folks from all over the US and Canada. They bring their metal detectors and hunt private property that we lease for 3 days and everyone has a blast. That's the reason I got the little Sunline. I'm planning some camp out hunts and needed a little HQ camper that I could get back in some remote spots.

After getting it back to Virginia we decided to modify the interior a little with new covers for the benches and new curtains....don't let the curtains bother you folks....It's heritage, not hate and they fit with the Civil War theme of our business! Did a little work on the counter top and table as well. Took about a foot off the table to give a little more room. Did some plumbing repairs and some other minor odds and ends.

Now, my wife, who wasn't really bothered about camping, likes the little Sunline so much she wants to go camping right now and it's HOT in VA.

There doesn't seem to be too many options for AC on this camper. I don't know if the roof will support a conventional RV AC unit (they are pretty heavy) or not. Portable units are too big and require some sort of opening to exhaust outside. I'm thinking about a little LG window shaker. It requires an opening 21" X 12" and the front window of the Sunline will accomodate that nicely.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to accomplish this in a temporary manner so as to put it back come fall/winter when we have most of our events. What will I run into removing the window from this old unit? Will the framing support a 5000 BTU window unit? Whats the best way to seal this from rain? So many questions but I know I'm asking at the right place.

Sorry it took so long to get to the point

camper pictures by digginva - Photobucket