Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-20-2016, 06:39 PM   #101
sep

SUN #7710
sep is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Ben. I ended up buying the kit knowing that I would have too much adhesive but didn't know how much butyl tape or caulk I would need. I'll just sell the leftovers on ebay or if someone on this site needs something I'll have it. Tweetys was a seller on Amazon so I just went to their web site because I needed the rubber cleaner and sealer for the rest of the roof. It all showed up in 2 days and only cost 8 bucks for shipping. Luckily I was able to take about 4' of bud board out and my rafters were in good shape except a few gussets. The very corner of the ceiling panel was ruffled so I dried it out, sealed it and put a patch on it with some thin poly sheeting my neighbor had. Hopefully, it doesn't rain too bad tomorrow as I plan to button it up Saturday.

Steve

Old 06-13-2023, 08:18 PM   #102

SUN #13692
Mitchb is an unknown quantity at this point
@johnb hey John u have been a big help so far hopefully you remember this cause I don't. My flush mount slide on my 264sr is ready to go back in but I can't remember does it have a beveled edge on the ramp side?

Old 06-13-2023, 08:39 PM   #103

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchb View Post
@johnb hey John u have been a big help so far hopefully you remember this cause I don't. My flush mount slide on my 264sr is ready to go back in but I can't remember does it have a beveled edge on the ramp side?
Hi Mitch,

H'mm, I do recall you, but I thought it had to deal with the roof, and not the slide room.

Did you end up dealing with slide floor rot? We have posts on that, tell me some more about what you want to know on the slide floor to help better.

I want to make sure I'm answering the correct question.

This post on slide floor rot might help. We have others also
https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f...age-10695.html

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 08:49 PM   #104

SUN #13692
Johnb, ya there was alot of work the whole back wall from roof leaking a large number of the floor the slide out corners both gone and the entire floor section the slide out rides on. There was alot of work to be done. Slide floor been out so long I forgot if it had a beveled edge.
Old 06-14-2023, 04:34 AM   #105

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Mitch,

OK, yes the slide floor needs to be beveled (chamfered) on the bottom side that will ride on the metal trough they used on the 2004 models. It is important that bevel is there to help with the timing of when the slide starts to lift up on the way in.

See this post I linked when I fixed my rotted slide floor and how the water got in the screw holes of the black plastic membrane. And how I fixed that issue with the drip edge. There are a pics of the floor bevel on the bottom. It is a fairly big bevel.

Good luck. Sounds like you had a lot of work to do. It all takes “time”!

John

PS. In the event your camper has the next generation slide floor, it has a plastic coating bonded to the bottom of the 1” OSB floor and the slide trough is a combo of plastic and metal, then let me know. Sunline changed the slide floors between the 2004 and 2005 models and that bevel is very different. I found later in some late build 2004’s they got the upgraded slide floor and trough. If yours is the new floor let me know and I will hunt for the right pics/post that shows the newer floor setup and how to fix the water wicking in the ends of the new design .

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 12:25 PM   #106

SUN #13692
Ok awesome. Great write up. Mine doesn't have any plastic. So that's good I don't need something more difficult.