Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-19-2015, 06:43 PM   #1

SUN #7646
OlDogandMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb A/C and black tank sensors

Hi all, Deb and I are full timers now with a 92 Sunline T-2363. My questions are can the a/c be refilled with freon? It ran our first day out and quit blowing cold air after 10 hours on a 98 degree day. It still comes on and cycles, just no cold air. We've cleaned out the filter and coils. My other issue is, has anyone cleaned/replaced the black tank sensors? My monitor says its always full and the grey tank shows 1/2 always when its empty. The fresh water tank works fine except that the pump just blew the hose connection an hour ago so that'll get fixed tomorrow. Any help here is appreciated.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:11 PM   #2

SUN #6633
Fletch77 is an unknown quantity at this point
On your black tank I would start with a good clean out. Walmart sell a wand that you connect to a garden hose. The sensors over time will get paper and other gunk on them. You will need to flush it a few times, camco makes a holding tank chemical ( GREEN) that will help clean the sensors. When I first used our T 2499 after we bought it we had the same problem. Not sure on the A/C. Good Luck and welcome.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:34 AM   #3

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
A bag or two of ice cubes in the tank with water and go for a ride. Yes the AC has Freon but it is not a do it your self project. 98* is a hard task for a camper AC but you should feel at least cool air from the vents.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:42 AM   #4

SUN #7646
OlDogandMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Fletch and Mainah. I'll look to getting the wand and I've heard about the ice cubes so when we leave Norfork Lake, Ark next week for other spot I'll try it then. Thanks again.