Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #1

SUN #4422
noralee is an unknown quantity at this point
3ft fridge troubleshooting

hi folks, my new 1350 '83's gas/electric 3ft fridge is not working. i'm very new to TT's/RV's. what are some troubleshooting options for me? the PO's said that it worked properly until a bottle of pepsi blew up in it...

Old 10-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Noralee,
Going back to an 83 unit we will need some help from you. There is a tag inside the unit with a model and serial number on it. On the newer units it is just inside the door and you can see it when you open up the door. Also confirm it is still a Dometic brand.

The troubleshooting is easier knowing the exact model you have. Those of us with the newer campers, things are more fully automatic where on some of the older ones they have a small level of manual things to do. The basic operating principal of the absorption fridge has not changed, just how they control it.

A few pictures of the front controls inside the camper, inside the fridge on the back wall where the heat fins are and the outside the camper with the vent cover off to show the gas valve area etc helps too. We can see what you see and even draw on them to help point you where to go looking.

The Pepsi explosion may be more of a coincidence or something was disturbed cleaning up the mess. Not knowing the history of the unit we will just need to start at the beginning and work our way up.

How electrically friendly are you? Have you done auto or home wiring? Do you have a voltmeter?

We can help give some suggestions to what ever level of skills you have, just may not be able to dig as deep pending your background.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #3

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are not used to RV fridges they take a loooong time to cool off, hours not minutes. I can't see how a soda would cause any issues unless it did quit and then the soda go hot enough to burst, the effect instead of the cause.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #4

SUN #4422
noralee is an unknown quantity at this point
yes, the soda was the effect not the cause. this fridge is toast. i had an rv "whisperer" check it out and we tested it over a couple days and it didn't work. i did hear though when on propane a clicking sound like it wanted to go on and off...nothing on electric.

on craigslist i found a new/used fridge, same model, 5 years old, 100$