Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-24-2019, 10:32 AM   #1

SUN #11356
StrapsTivis is an unknown quantity at this point
1986 Sunline Needs New Front Window

Hey All, my first post here.. my wife and I are D.I.Y'ers and 2 years ago we bought a used 1986 24' Sunline Camper. We knew it had some water damage, but not a lot, so we knew there would be some work. We just completed Demo of the wall that had the water damage and best we can tell it's coming from the LARGE front window that is like 72" x 15" or something like that. I have looked at re-sealing the window and that looks easy enough, but I was also interested in looking at getting a new window all together, however.. I can't seem to locate anything that big. Do they not make windows that big any more? Am I just not looking in the right places?

Old 06-27-2019, 09:31 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
On getting a new front window, I'm not sure about being able to get a new window that has the multi pane crank out opening type, known as an jalousie window.

But here is a place to start. This past winter I ordered a custom made cargo compartment door from Lippert Components. Come to find out most all cargo doors are made custom to order as there are so many sizes just the RV manufacturers orders many at once. The price and lead time of 2 weeks for my 1 door was really not that bad. The cargo door was an exact match to a 2005 Sunline.

It seems they claim they also make custom windows. See here and follow the link to "order replacement windows" https://www.lci1.com/rv-windows

The LCI link then takes you to Duncan systems which most likely is a LCI now owned company. I have never used them, just passing along as I found this when getting my cargo door.

You can also try here for Hehr windows and they seems to show the jalousie window. Creation windows It seems they are sold through Parkin. I have never bought a window from Parkin but have some other items and had a good experience.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote