Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #1

SUN #3863
JCTSR is an unknown quantity at this point
120V Outlets do not work on half of my camper

I have a 2006 Sunline Solaris Lite T-1950. Last weekend my family was camping and my wife used here blow drier in the outside outlet next to the door. It worked for about 7 sec and shut off, I checked the breaker and all of them are fine, I checked the GFI and one is on the other is not. I removed it and checked power to the outlet from the wires and does not. This circuit also supplies power to the Fridge, TV and the GFI near the bathroom sink. I removed all of the outlets to see if any wires were bad, removed the power pan also and can not find any problems. Does anyone have a wire diagram I can follow to see were the power flows to first, I am Master Toyota Technician with 20 years experience, I know how to diag electrical problems. I also work with my friend on weekends who is a electrician doing house installs. I am ready to start ripping the walls down just to find the wires! This should be a simple thing to diag. Any help with be appreciated.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #2

SUN #3863
I found it!!!! There is a wire at the back of the panel that was extended and capped off. Power going into the cap from the breaker but not coming out of the cap to the line it is spliced to. The cap on the inside is all melted and plastic covered the line wire. When I stripped it clean and installed new cap, everything worked. I am not sure why this is like this when all the other wires go straight to the breaker. It is what it is as long as it's fixed now. Thanks for the people that looked at this with thoughts of helping.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #3

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great you found it while I was typing this!!!

Looking at the diagram of the 2006 1950, I would say the outside door outlet is protected by the kitchen GFI. You say one GFI has power the other did not. Which one had power? I am assuming that you reset both GFI's? Anything wired on the "load side" of the GFI will be dead if the GFI is tripped or didn't reset. Yes, they do go bad.

Where is your power convertor located? That would help in figuring out the routing. Also, think shortest route possible, they didn't do anything fancy.

Mack

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #4

SUN #3863
The kitchen GFI is the one that was working, the Bathroom sink GFI had no power. The power panel is at the bottom of the cabinet to the right of the bathroom sink. The refrigerator is to the right of that. The outlets wired to this GFI are the following

Outside to the left of the door
Outlet for TV next to cable connection
Outlet for the refrigerator (in outside compartment vent panel)
Bathroom sink GFI

You would think that the kitchen GFI would be wired to the outside and TV outlets because they are all on the same side of the camper. No big deal now, I found the problem and it's all set now.

Thanks for you response, now I know someone has the wiring diagram