Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-29-2014, 02:36 PM   #1

SUN #6776
sled head is an unknown quantity at this point
what have you done to update inside of your sunline?

Im fixing up a 1989 T1740. looking for ideas and pictures on updating the inside. Im into the light oak wood as much as me growing my mullet back. Has anyone refaced, painted , or re stained the wood. How about re-wallpapering the walls? I have a lot of the walls open due to repairs that needed to be made so new wall covering is in order. Im thinking new stick on floor tiles as well. Thanks

Old 12-29-2014, 05:24 PM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes I did a upgrade to mine last winter kind of like yours it's a T1700 have a look under "construction project" This winter flooring of some sort I like carpet so I leaning that direction I redid the floor in my old MH with laminate and ended up taking it out and reinstalled carpeting it was too dang cold in the morning on my bare feet!

Old 12-29-2014, 07:01 PM   #3

SUN #6776
Mainah, Thanks for the thread info. Did you just sand,prime and paint the cabinets? What did you use for paint? The kitchen looks great! Also did you put bead board over the storage doors or is that original
Old 12-30-2014, 06:30 AM   #4

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
The cabinets are hard to paint the surface is plastic over press board kind of like a decal. Yes I did prime them and used enamel, the drawers I sprayed but in a tiny space and very cold weather I brush painted the rest. I guess you are talking about the beading on the doors them self’s that is original they are actually made of real wood! I really wanted the gloss black laminate it was not cheap about 3X the price of the flat black. Having no need for an oven I thought that was a good place for a TV worst part of that was the coax wiring I do electrical work and thought no problem I’ll use one of the other wires as a pull wire well I was down to the last wire and no coax it seems they thought a staple behind the paneling would be in order. I did finally get to it with a long screw driver and finished the project. If you are going to do some major rebuilding these things were built from the outside in meaning all the screws were put in before the siding went on from the outside so they have to be cut.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:41 AM   #5

SUN #6776
Thanks, I take it you used a good oil primer after a light sanding? how did it hold up so far? I had some 3/8 beadboard left over form a project at the camp that I was going to reface the kitchen with. wanted to paint the ft & rear cabinets and the wall with the fridge and bath side
Old 12-31-2014, 09:04 AM   #6

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
I have seen Tim's trailer and he did a great job of updating and in MHO tastefully done as well. This is coming from someone who at first glance would tend to stay as original as possible. If that is too difficult, then I say go for it!
P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #7

SUN #4081
Photokit is an unknown quantity at this point
I added fabric and a blackboard to my Sunline Saturn

I added fabric and a blackboard to my Sunline Saturn. I like colorful batik fabrics and have replaced the stock curtain with some really nice fabric.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg interior fabric and blackboard.jpg (53.1 KB, 30 views)