Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-08-2016, 06:02 AM   #1
Apg

SUN #8148
Apg is an unknown quantity at this point
Warrenty???

So I just purchased an 06 2075 and the roof is very loose/ wavy would this be covered under any warrenty as I know sunline is out of business but didn't know if roof itself was covered. Also is this normal. I do not have leaks

Old 03-08-2016, 06:47 PM   #2

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the forum Apg.

No, there is no warranty. Often the Sunline roof looks a bit loose and wavy. There is nothing solid under the rubber roof. There are wood roof trusses running side to side about every 16 inches or so and on that is what Sunline called "Budboard", which is like heavy cardboard, and the rubber roof was laid over that.

You may want to check all around the edges for signs of water intrusion.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:33 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi APG,

As Gene said, the Sunline rubber roof can be wavy and that is normal.

Also heads up, the roof is not a direct walk on roof. You can go right through it if you step in the wrong location. To service items on the roof, you get a trap, canvas etc to put down on the roof to protect from abrasion and then using 3/8" to 3/4" small plywood pieces place them over the rafters (on 16" centers) to spread the load out and then you can climb on.

I use 2 ft x 4 ft pieces. Big enough to span the roof trusses and light enough to haul up and down. Depending on what I am doing, I use 2 or 3 of them.

For sure, check all the caulking joints, every one of them. Any tiny hair line split to a wide split needs to be fixed. This post may be helpful for you.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...1-a-11508.html

Congrats on your Sunny!!

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:00 AM   #4
Apg

SUN #8148
Apg is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok thanks for the good information guys, I gotta say I'm kinda glad to hear you say this is common, because after just buying it a week ago and seeing the wavy roof I was having nightmares of roof replacement. As this is the first travel trailer I've owned, when I didn't see any water dmg I assumed roof must be gd I didn't even look at it when I bought it but after doing a lot of learning in a week and a half I've seen the error of my ways I am glad there are forums like this great job guys and keep up the gd work I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions throughout the year.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:21 PM   #5

SUN #701
Thomas A
My roof on my '02 2553 has been wavy since new, so the biggest issue would be to check around the seams, vents,etc. When I get up on the roof, I use corrugated cardboard box, from an appliance, making sure there are no staples in it. I actually use two of them and move from one to the other. These are heavy weight cartons (several layers of fluting in the board) and are light and easy to use.

Good luck with your Sunny!!! They are great trailers.....have had ours since March 2002.

Tags
roof