Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-23-2008, 05:22 AM   #1
DrJ

SUN #412
DrJ
Wall Clock

The clock in my T-2370 has given up the ghost. Does anyone know where I might get a replacement?

1999 Sunline Solaris T-2370
1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab
DrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #2

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wall Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ
The clock in my T-2370 has given up the ghost. Does anyone know where I might get a replacement?
This question just cropped up in another discussion.

pwb01 (Paul & Sheri) had the same problem, and discovered that some inexpensive, hobby style clock mechanism fit perfectly into the Telesonic clock that most of us have in our Sunlines.

I just replaced the battery in mine a few minutes ago after first reading your question (thanks for the reminder - still getting the trailer ready for long trips... ), and took the time to snap a picture of the back of it:

There are 8 screws around the perimeter that hold the front on, so it should be very easy to get to the hour, minute, and second hands to gently pull them off. As you can see, the clock mechanism is held in place by 4 plastic tabs and should be fairly easy to remove. The manufacturer of my clock mechanism is Rhythm Clock Co. and it says Made In Japan.

And that black clockworks sure looks just like the ones I've seen in craft and hobby stores like Michaels or AC Moore. I am willing to bet that if you take the hands and old mechanism with you to a hobby and craft store, you will be able to find an exact replacement.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. I am sure that many of us will encounter this issue in the future so your experience will be helpful to others.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
DrJ

SUN #412
DrJ
Thanks for the info Steve. I guess I will try to rebuild the old one sometime in the next few days. I will let you know how it goes. Jim

Old 05-26-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
DrJ

SUN #412
DrJ
Wall Clock and further question

Well, I tried to replace the quartz clock works in my 1999 T-2370 but had no success. I checked Michael's, AC Moore, and Hobby Lobby and the clock works with the shortest shaft had 1/4" shaft. Turns out that it is much too long and will not fit behind the glass. I also destroyed the old works trying to get the hands off of it but that isn't a big deal since it didn't work anyway. So, I guess we will just do without a wall clock in the 2370. We have one right across the aisle in the radio so it is not a big deal.

On a related note, has anyone upgraded their old radio (mine has a clock, AM/FM tuner and cassette tape) for one with a CD? I would want one that would fit into the existing hole.

Thanks,
Jim

Old 05-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #5

SUN #520
kathyh
Try www.klockit.com for clock works. I have bought replacement clock works from this company.

KathyH

2007 Sunline T2499 4" lift w/03
2011 Chevy Avalanche
1988 Sunline 1850 Satellite
Rob and Kathy H
kathyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
I replaced my noisy ticking clock with a digital atomic "quiet" clock from Wal-Mart. Was about 20 bux, and you can get different frame finishes to help match your decor.

And did I mention, IT QUIET, no TICKING

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:04 PM   #7

SUN #599
Lode is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Lode
Not sure what the punch out looks like on your current radio mount. When I pulled mine to replace it looked like a 'dot block dot' punch out through the paneling. It had a circular hole for each knob peg on either side and an approx hole of about 1.5"x3" where the cassette insert and digital tuner display poked through the mounting surface.

To find out what you've got you should be able to pull the knobs off your stereo to show tiny thin nuts that screw down on the knob pegs. Once you've unscrewed those it will free up the face plate. When you're doing this, make sure you're supporting the back heavy end to the radio so it doesn't fall and damage anything. Also make sure you've cut your power and disconnected the battery if you're planning on cutting the wires to install a new stereo.

It's really easy to get a new mount hole cut. I doubt you're going to be able to find anything that'd be considered an upgraded radio using the old punch out.

When you get a new car stereo it should come with a mounting harness... it's a sleeve that you're radio clicks into that supports the radio's weight. It will have bendable tabs once you've gotten the hole done that you can bend out to make the support rigid. Simply use butt end as a template to trace a new cut hole with a pencil. I then just drilled out each corner with a larger bore bit and hand cut the line using the blade from a hacksaw.(take caution to cut it straight) Splice the pigtail to the house wires(uplug your power supplies!), secure the harness to the mounting surface with the tabs, click in your new stereo and plug in the pigtail...

Here's an old radio with the pigtail and harness I had on the shelf for reference.

Hope that helps.

Take care,
Jason
Old 05-27-2008, 05:48 AM   #8
DrJ

SUN #412
DrJ
Thank you all for your input. I sure do appreciate it. Great group.

Jim

Old 05-27-2008, 06:14 AM   #9

SUN #379
2beagles
I replaced the cassette/radio in our 2370 with a Concertone radio/CD unit that I bought on Ebay. The hole had to be enlarged about 3/4" on the height, and I had to cut a small relief hole in the panelling behind the new unit to allow for the extra depth, but it was a simple install. The new unit works perfectly. I'll take a photo when I get home.

2017 F-150 Crew Cab
2003 2570
2beagles is offline   Reply With Quote