Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-26-2007, 09:53 PM   #21

SUN #408
partimcmpr
I found a few on ebay and have confirmed they match my truck. You have to be careful because some accessories fit all 'silverados', and some only fit 1500s. I also have to be careful that my 2007 is a classic, which usually means '2006', not the new 2007.

Thanks for the ideas. That is why I love this forum!

Later,
David

2006 Sunline T2553 Classic
https://dbmcbride.com/stttv.gif
partimcmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:08 AM   #22

SUN #287
nickster60
We tow our T-1950 with a 1999 Dodge 8.0l V10 tow rated for 13500 lbs kind of over kill but it does the job. We love the T-1950 it is great for a couple.

nickster60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:08 AM   #23

SUN #256
Bobo
Dave,

You should have the same style mirrors as my 2003 Silverado has. I went with Cipa brand mirrors. Model #10800. These follow the same shape as the factory mirrors. They slide over the entire head, clipping over the top and bottom edges and tightening up with a screw style tension bolt that pushes a form fitting frame onto the backside of the mirror head. I have ran them for a year now with no vibration or problems. Easy on, easy off. At only $65.00 a pair (list), they are cheaper than replacing your entire mirror.

Bobo

2001 Coleman Utah
2006 Sunline T-2499
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:09 PM   #24

SUN #406
chuck & lori
My drivers side McKesh mirror always ends up pointed at the ground just past the back end of the trailer. It does not change the side to side angle, just points down more than I like. I have adjusted and tightened numerous times, but it always ends up there. The mirrors usually don't vibrate, but make a low pitched noise sometimes when an 18 wheeler blows by.
Even with all my complaining, I would never tow without them. I can not see much at all without them! (behind me that is!)
Old 11-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #25

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck & lori
I have adjusted and tightened numerous times, but it always ends up there.
Chuck,

This may be a dumb question, but are you tightening the screws on the buttom of the mirror frame? If I remember correctly, there are 2 or 3 screws around the ball connection on the buttom of the mirror where the metal bar attaches to the mirror frame.

If you are tightening those screws I would call Hensley. They should be able to identify and replace the part that is causing your problem.

Hutch
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #26

SUN #449
Pete Csanky
Thanks for all the help Folks! We brought the T-1950 home yesterday without incident all the way from southern Pennsylvania up to Canada, about 1 hour east of Toronto. The T-1950 looks like it just came from the factory. Can't say enough good things about the RV dealership (Cavalier Coach RV Inc) outside Pittsburgh. Even though they weren't a Sunline dealership in the past, they did a fantastic job getting us all squared away, on a Saturday no less. They fitted the hitch bar up just perfectly to the new Hidden Hitch on the Ford Sport Trac, so that we hardly felt any extra weight on the rear. FYI, they used a 2" drop by 10.5" long hitch bar. The Prodigy brake controller that was suggested by the Sunline owners here worked flawlessly through all the hills and construction on I-70 and I-79 in PA. This is a very impressive piece of technology. We set it at B2 around 2.2 for the trip back with the empty trailer. The clip-on mirrors are just the inexpensive Prime Products ones that were basically for getting us back home, but in fact they worked great! The dealership cut the Ford 4-pin connector and properly mounted a 7-pin circular connector on a new bracket on the rear of the Sport Trac - it looks great! They also wired in the brake control system with two separate circuit breakers. We didn't push the Sport Trac in the hills, so we were only going around 50-55mph, but when we got to more level terrain in New York state, we found that the T-1950/Sport Trac were very happy cruising at 60mph on the NY Thruway. However, we would definitely be underpowered taking it through any major hills out west. We'll need a V-8 for that for sure. I didn't notice any tendency for the T-1950 to sway, just a minor brief shimmy when we were being overtaken by a bus or an 18-wheeler. I don't think it will need any weight distribution system added. I also noticed that the Ford headlights were still perfectly aimed down the road, so I think the weight is quite well balanced. Thanks again for the suggestions and encouragement - we're all looking forward to next summer!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:55 PM   #27

SUN #406
chuck & lori
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTHutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck & lori
I have adjusted and tightened numerous times, but it always ends up there.
Chuck,

This may be a dumb question, but are you tightening the screws on the buttom of the mirror frame? If I remember correctly, there are 2 or 3 screws around the ball connection on the buttom of the mirror where the metal bar attaches to the mirror frame.

If you are tightening those screws I would call Hensley. They should be able to identify and replace the part that is causing your problem.

Hutch
There are three screws around the ball which I have loosened and tightened to no avail. The mirror always ends up pointed down more than I like it. Doesn't make sense that it moves. I bought the mirrors new. I do have the convex "blind spot" mirror on the drivers side as well, which is helpful. The mirrors are stored in the trailer which is put away for the season. I will try contacting Hensley in the spring. Thanks.