Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-24-2019, 07:37 AM   #1

SUN #5290
Gixxer340 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thinking of selling my 2001 Sunline

Hello all,

I am thinking of selling our trailer because we are buying a new 5'er this year. I really hate to sell it because we have put a lot of work and new things into it recently but I can't really justify having 2 RV's. I am just trying to figure out how much I should try to sell it for and I am looking for suggestions.

Here are some of the details;
2001 Sunline T-276SR
Large slide with dinette and couch
Single bunk in rear (we removed the top bunk to make the bottom one less claustrophobic to sleep in)
Completely new EPDM roof with all new insulation and 3/8th plywood the entire length
All new fixtures an covers on roof
New awning
New rear bumper
Queen bed in the front with new over sized Serenia Gel Memory Foam Mattress
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
New blackout blinds throughout
4 new Maxxis tires
Extended fold down cutting board counter
New bathroom faucet and shower fixtures
New Solaris spare tire cover
Misc. new hoses and other little things
LED light bulb replacements in a lot of the light fixtures

I have detailed pics of all the work i have done (especially the roof)

The inside is in really good shape but it could use new carpeting due to fading (that was going to be this years project before we bought a new one). The slide motor seems a bit weak (or maybe it is just the battery i have in the trailer) so I normally just crank it out by hand.

All appliances work as they should as well as the fully ducted AC and furnace.

We will be including a lot of camping gear and a load distributing hitch with it

We were really planning to keep this trailer so I did everything I could to make it a really solid trailer for the long-haul.

Any help on pricing would be greatly appreciated. I know that I am not going to get back all the money and time we have put into it over the last few years but I would just like to see someone get good use out of the trailer since I already did most of the work.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I plan on listing it soon.

Pics

Thank you
Jeff

Old 03-24-2019, 08:35 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Jeff,

Looks like a nice trailer! A comparable year/model would be about $4500. Given the work you've had done, I would think you could justify asking around $7500.

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:26 AM   #3

SUN #5290
Thanks for the input. I was thinking around 5k so it looks like I am in the right range. Hopefully going up for sale in the next couple weeks.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:07 PM   #4

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
That roof looks amazing!
Old 04-24-2019, 04:56 PM   #5

SUN #10989
Kaajot is an unknown quantity at this point
That is a nice trailer!

I paid $4500 for my 2001 Solaris and it doesn't have a slide-out, the awning arms broke on me, had a lot more wear n tear appearance on the outside and had a bad power center, battery, wiring, old worn out furnace motor and who-knows-what else.

I'll reiterate, that roof is amazing! I just redid my roof's primary covers/skylights due to an insurance claim via wind damage breaking everything. However, I plan on eventually rebuilding the roof. Carpet in mine is faded too, will eventually replace but the bathroom and an interior wall will get love first before I touch the carpet.

I'm going to say you can get about $6500 easy with the niceness of that camper.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:10 PM   #6

SUN #5290
Thanks for all the input. It actually sold today, before i even listed it. I was selling a hitch and the guy that bought it saw the camper and asked if I was selling it. I said yes and he looked it over and bought it. I hadn't even begun to clean it up properly. It is going to a loving new home.

Thanks again
Jeff
Old 04-25-2019, 10:41 AM   #7

SUN #10989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer340 View Post
Thanks for all the input. It actually sold today, before i even listed it. I was selling a hitch and the guy that bought it saw the camper and asked if I was selling it. I said yes and he looked it over and bought it. I hadn't even begun to clean it up properly. It is going to a loving new home.

Thanks again
Jeff
Any chance you can disclose the numbers on the value of a masterfully updated and kept camper? I'd have opened my initial interest with a Running Man Quote, "I'd buy that for a dollar!" Obviously not what I would really pay, but showing interest of course.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:47 PM   #8

SUN #5290
I sold it for 5k. Since I didn't have to advertise it or deal with any hassle I thought it was a good price. The family I sold it to is really nice as well so, if I could have gotten more I figure I am just paying it forward.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:18 PM   #9

SUN #10989
Nice, that's a fair price and a good deal -- hope the new owners take as good care of it as you did!

Do you have any documentation on when you did the roof for pointers, etc? I'll probably undertake that project in a year or two.