Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #1

SUN #1318
ClanDixon is an unknown quantity at this point
T2150 TV Antenna

Hello All,

Our 1988 T-2150 looks to have the factory installed TV signal booster intalled in the galley area underneath the cabinets. What model of antenna was installed and where was it installed? I would like to install a new antenna but I cannot seem to locate where the coax cable was routed to. There looks to be a small rod protruding out of the roof sort of above the cabinets where the booster is installed. It looks to be capped or sealed. Is this a conduit/mast in which an antenna can affixed to as well as cable pass through?

Thanks in Advance,

1988 Satellite T2150
2003 F150
1963 Corvair Van
ClanDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #2

SUN #44
SanDimasJoe
RV TV Antenna

Clandixon,

I just recently replaced my tv antenna after a brush with a pine tree after forgetting to lower the antenna. The coax connects through the aluminum antenna supports at the top, by the antenna, then out the bottom of the support and through the antenna base through the roof to the wall plate. I had to cut off the RG59 connector at the antenna end in order to pull the cable through the support as I had to replace the supports as well as the antenna. If all you are going to do is replace the antenna, you won't have to crimp on a new RG59 connector. Just unscrew it at the antenna head, replace the antenna and screw the connector back on. Incidentelly, the part no. for the antenna head is RV-2005. I got that from the horses mouth at Winegard, the mfg. Hope this helps.

Joe

SanDimasJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #3

SUN #1318
Joe,

Thanks for the information. My TT actually does not have an antenna currently installed. There was no antenna when I acquired it. I do have the factory installed booster though. Do you know if there was a standard way that Sunline routed the cables through the roof in the late 80's? I want to install a Winegard MS-2000. I really don't see any sign of an antenna ever being installed on the roof other that the nipple/cylindrical piece that is sticking up through my roof as I previously stated. I suspect that it is a pass-through conduit as well as an antenna mount but just wanna be certain before attempting to alter anything.

Thanks Again!

1988 Satellite T2150
2003 F150
1963 Corvair Van
Old 08-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #4

SUN #44
SanDimasJoe
RV TV Antenna

ClanDixon,

If you can remove the wall plate, you can see if there is any cable connected to it. It is possible that coax may be stubbed out in the area between the inside ceiling and the roof and may be capped in that rod on the roof.

Joe
SanDimasJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #5

SUN #1318
Joe,

Tonight, I actually removed the covering off of the cylindrical piece that I spoke of earlier. What I found was a plate with a Coax "F" connector underneath the coating. BINGO! I found it. Thanks for all of your help!

1988 Satellite T2150
2003 F150
1963 Corvair Van