Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-24-2007, 07:04 AM   #1

SUN #238
MikeM
Sunline Quality??

Took out our 2007 2363 out last weekend for its maiden voyage.

The sticker on the side says it was built Oct 2006.

I found a few items that never should have made it through a normal QA process. I am afraid the workers/management rushed the last few out the door.

Unfortunately not much I can do about them now. They do irritate me alot!

I hope they didn't screw up any major components!

1. Found a light slice in the vinyl flooring next to the carpeting in the LR. Looks like they were cutting the carpet and had nothing under it when it was laying on the vinyl. I bought a bath room mat to throw over it.

2. The front street side storage compartment hold open catch is missing. I had to use a broom stick to hold it open. From a picture of a 2006 model it looks like is is supposed to be up next to the front side of the window.

3. The sliding curtain does not latch. The post attached to the bathroom wall does not align with hole in the curtain

So far I have checked out all the compnents except for the ac. No problems so far with them. It does take quite a few times to get the H20 heater to light on propane. I guess it is a priming issue.

The above items are not deal breakers but I am disappointed as supposely the Sunlline quality was above the pack

I will be going taking it out for a week trip the first week of May. This should be a good shakedown. I actually am hoping for some rain so I can check for leaks.

I hope I did not buy a lemon.

Mike

Old 04-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #2

SUN #225
Mark
Without a doubt, Sunline's have a very high quality with respect to other trailer manufacturers.

However, you happened into a unit which may have been rushed or put together by someone trying to get something out the door after receiving some life-changing news. Its a shame really, for everyone involved.

Don't judge the whole line by your experience.
Can your dealer support you a bit more?

2002 Chevy Silverado
2003 Sunline 2553
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:28 AM   #3

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I can relate, our previous Sunline we had a lot of minor problems that were more irritating than issues. But once we got them resolved, that trailer gave us 7 great years and we traveled over 30,000 miles with any other problems.

Your water heater starting may be a couple of things. It always takes me 3-4 times of trying to start it after the trailer has sat for a while to get the gas flowing. Our water heater is in the back. But once it starts, then there no problem starting it up again.
The other possible problem is that the igniter is not properly aligned or there could be dirt / spider web in the orifice.

I think everything you mentioned can easily be rectified by your dealer.

I trust you’ll get many joyful years out of your Sunline with very few problems. Particularly if you start comparing to what other people that own different campers have to deal with, you'll start appreciating the Sunline quality a little more.

Good luck and I hope you get everything resolved.
Hutch
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:52 PM   #4

SUN #238
MikeM
I do not see anyway to fix the vinyl except to replace it.

I doubt if the dealer has the capability or expertise to do it correctly. Maybe later I can swap out the carpet and expand it just a little or maybe even try some wood flooring.

I will probably pickup and install the baggage door catch myself. If anyone has a 2363 I would appreciate any pics and/or measurements where to install the catch.

I will probably try to fix the sliding curtain myself or do nothing. I do not want to put another whole in the bathroom wall.

To tell you the truth the dealer is brand new and I don't see the facilities or experience to really fix the trailer.

I purchased the trailer for about 20% off msrp and he threw in a 2 year warranty. The floorplan, Sunline reputation, and loss of ability to order a new one made me do an impulse purchase.

Most of the stuff in the trailer has manufacturer warranty so I am not real concerned as long as the basic structure is ok.

I am hoping I only have cosmetic issues. This camping season should let me know one way or another.

So far I do not regret purchasing the Sunline. Just irritated about the little stuff that any attention to detail would have prevented these issues

Mike
Old 04-24-2007, 06:40 PM   #5

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Mike,

Here's the best pic I could find in my collection of the latch position. It is from an '07 1950 at my local dealer. I took this pic myself. Even though you can't see the whole latch, you can see the very front part of it. I can't give you an exact measurement, but if you measure your sticker, calculate how many stickers could fit from the start of the striping to the latch on the pic. Here's the pic:

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:50 AM   #6

SUN #128
Tweety
Ditto on the starting of the H2O heaater - probably due to being first time used this season and needing to get the gas through the tubes to the heater. For your vinyl, there is a product that you can buy that is used for vinyl seams that will seal that slice and prevent it from getting dirty or expanding. I think it's just called seam sealer. We installed our own vinyl kitchen floor in our house and had a seam. It's worth buying a tube, since without it the slice will collect dirt and become much more noticable. I believe Sunline used Armstrong flooring, so you can buy the sealer anywhere that sells Armstrong products. Not sure but I think ours came from Lowes or Home Depot.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:08 AM   #7

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Ditto on the seam sealer. Works like a charm! We have a few little things as well, and ours was built in April. I figure nothing is perfect, so better little annoyances then big one that i hear from folks with some other campers!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:51 PM   #8

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
We had a problem with the sub floor not being cleaned prior to vinyl being installed and a screw came through at the bathroom door. Fortunately the location was such that a well placed piece of door sill metal covered it. I do agree things may have gotten sloppy at the end, our trailer was delivered 31 October 06. No major issues just a lot a sloppy work (missing screws, bent shades and valances, poor finishes where material was cut, etc.) our delivery checklist had about 10-15 items, all of which our dealer fixed. We still love it though!!!

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote