Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #1

SUN #3699
T1950 is an unknown quantity at this point
Roof Inspection

First, I'm totally new to RV's the last time I was in a RV, I was 12 and that was more than a few years ago.

I just bought a 20' 2002 sunline T1950 which has a rubber roof. I want to get up there and inspect, re calk, check the A/C. I'm just afraid to climb on the thing. This roof is clearly not a 'walk on roof'. I don't want to cause a roof problem checking for a roof problem. Also I'm no kid, I weigh about 250 lbs. I have no reason to think there is a leak, but it's at that age where it might need re calking and and I want to keep up with this. I also see a bunch of ant's up there (Little ant's, Not carpenter ants). I think they may have a nest in the A/C unit. If necessary I could bring out the forklift and lie in a pallet suspended above it if I can't go on the roof, but then it becomes a 2 person job and I need to have the trailer positioned where the forklift can get all the way around it.

Is this roof safe to get on? or do I fire up the forklift?

Old 05-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi T1950,

First off Welcome to Sunline Owners Club and congrats on your new coach! You have a very popular model, we have many 1950 owners here in the club.

Now to your roof, you are very wise to inspect this and deal with it now for roof sealant/caulking cracks. This inspection should be done at least 2 times a year, spring and fall and any time you wash the roof.

See here this post will help explain what to look for in the caulk and what to use to fix it. And how to service the roof so you do not fall through. Any signs of a small split, fix it now! They as not a problem now in the small slit stage but over time grow into a full blown leak.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...1-a-11508.html

We also have a FAQ and DIY articles section. See here for the articles. These are DIY posts by members who created a show and tell or how to post. There are also AC cleaning posts here on what to look for and how to clean. See no 6

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f1...nks-11910.html

The FAQ forum also has a FAQ thread with many of the standard camper or camping related items. Here is a hot link to it. Sunline Owners Club FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) - Sunline Coach Owner's Club

Good luck, hope this helps and we are here for more questions.

OH and pics, we like pics for your camper. When troubleshooting a problem they for sure help explain what you are up agasint and we can help better. We also like to see your Sunline in action as a general interest point of view. We all benefit and learn from these experiences.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote