Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #1

SUN #6745
Gary A is an unknown quantity at this point
Roof Hatch Question

I have a broken crank on the front roof ventilation hatch on my 2003 T-2753. It appears to me that the screen is screwed in from the top?? I'm hesitant to just yank on the screen to try and get it out as once broken, I suspect it will be hard to replace.

Second, does anyone know of a source for that particular crank, or is this a fairly typical over the counter kind of repair/replacement.

Many thanks for your replies!!

Old 10-19-2014, 09:39 AM   #2

SUN #6579
Relie is an unknown quantity at this point
Crank

Look closely, I think they all screw in from the camper side. You should be able to find a new crank at any RV store,or on line. If not, check a Lowes or Home Depot.
Good luck!

Dave

Old 10-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Gary,

See this post complete with pic's. This is off my 2004 unit so it should be the same as yours.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...val-11738.html

There are 2 small screws that hold the screen up to the metal frame above it, and OR a small locking tab on the screen that connects to the metal support above it.

Since you going above the screen, I'm assuming the issue is with the lift arm part of the crank up mechanism and not the handle below the screen?

What part do you need, the handle itself OR the worm gear drive the handle attaches too?

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #4

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Have a look at the roof sealant on the hatch if it's dry a cracked new sealant and a complete assembly maybe in order. The new vents have pop out screens and are a bit better made and not really that expensive.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:13 AM   #5

SUN #6745
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Gary,

See this post complete with pic's. This is off my 2004 unit so it should be the same as yours.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...val-11738.html

There are 2 small screws that hold the screen up to the metal frame above it, and OR a small locking tab on the screen that connects to the metal support above it.

Since you going above the screen, I'm assuming the issue is with the lift arm part of the crank up mechanism and not the handle below the screen?

What part do you need, the handle itself OR the worm gear drive the handle attaches too?
John: thanks for the post and the problem is the crank mechanisim. It's broken at the base. Is the crank something I can find at camping world??
Old 10-21-2014, 08:26 PM   #6

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
John: thanks for the post and the problem is the crank mechanisim. It's broken at the base. Is the crank something I can find at camping world??
OK, now we have to figure out what brand you have

I replaced mine, I bought Ventline vents. And they offer the crank mechanism

Here is one hit. Note the end of the arm
Amazon.com: Ventline BVD0462-00 Operator Knob and Screw RV Parts: Automotive

And another one, A different end of the arm.
http://www.amazon.com/Ventline-BV011...3943802&sr=1-7

The key is the end of the arm that works the roof lid, each brand and style can be a bit different.

Here is another brand
Strybuc HEHR Roof Vent Operator Kits

They do sell them, just have to hunt down which one you have

Hope this helps

John

Old 10-25-2014, 05:54 AM   #7

SUN #6745
Thanks very much, John! It's the Ventline BVO115-02 operator that I need and the link to Amazon was very helpful. I'll check with Camping World to see if they have it at a reasonable price and if not, then I'll do the Amazon thing. Again, thanks. I kept looking under "hatch" and would have never used the word "operator," which is in my vocabulary..........but was somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind. Again, thank you for your detective work!
Gary
Old 10-25-2014, 07:42 AM   #8

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
TI kept looking under "hatch" and would have never used the word "operator," which is in my vocabulary..........but was somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind.
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the world of the RV industry lingo....

You can find just about anything for a camper on line now a days, "if" you know what they call the thing.... Just being able to find the right word to hit on is half the battle...

I have scratched my head a few times on "what do they call that"...

Here is one for ya "Gravity water dish" For the life of me...I would of never had a remote thought this was the official name.

By now I'm sure you are scratching your head too...

Here is one for sale Gravity Water Dish, Polar White

One would think, fresh water tank fill, or fresh water inlet or tank fill or anything related to how to put water in the fresh tank... OK I guess is it water and water due to gravity does run down hill and maybe it looks like a dish.... but my goodness!!!!

At this point, we all just need to "assimilate" into the RV world of lingo if you want to do on-line camper parts shopping...

John

Old 10-26-2014, 06:54 AM   #9

SUN #6745
Thanks, John. I went with the middle choice (0115-02) as that looked like the closest match...but we shall see when I get to it later today or tomorrow. Your comments about the world of RV lingo were humorous and accurate. Sometimes the right word just won't bubble to the surface...like "operator." The Gravity Water Dish is simply a classic. I would NEVER figure out that one, but now I'm one jump ahead when I need one.
As an aside, it seems like the Sunline trailers are exceptionally well built, or maybe I just got a good one. Honestly, our 2003 looks like it's never been used on the inside and we are just as happy as clams in a sandbar at high tide with the unit.
Thanks again and happy camping!!