Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-29-2015, 10:18 AM   #1

SUN #7858
SCOUT is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Questions about Water System 1996 Sunline

Hi. It will immediately become obvious that I don't know anything about campers I would so appreciate some answers.

My first question is, when my camper is hooked up to my well via a water hose, does the water go into the fresh water holding tank? Or is there a separate system that bypasses the tank when you're hooked up to a water supply? Can I drain the tank and still have water?

Also, how do I drain all the water from the system, including the fresh water tank and water heater? Can I just open all the faucets and let them run, or are there drain plugs I need to remove?

Finally, how do I sanitize the system? I've found information about mixing a bleach solution to put in the water tank and then filling it with water, turning on the faucets until I smell bleach, and letting it sit for a day, then draining and flushing with fresh water. Is this the way to do it?

Sorry to be so ignorant, but I've been looking online for a couple of hours and can't find answers. Many thanks to anyone willing to help

Old 09-29-2015, 01:48 PM   #2

SUN #6579
Relie is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi

Go to the top of the page and use the search button. Look up Winterizing. There are a bunch of threads on the subject. They are quite informative.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:46 PM   #3

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi SCOUT, welcome to the forum.

As Dave said, a search will bring up some good detailed info about winterizing. Often the forum search link at the top of the page doesn't narrow the search enough. Here is a link to a Google search of the forum that may work better. https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...95:95x3m3w6lto

Here are a few of the easier answers to some questions.

when my camper is hooked up to my well via a water hose, does the water go into the fresh water holding tank?
- When you hook up to the "city water" connection it feeds the internal plumbing directly. You should add a pressure regulator to keep the "city water" pressure under 40 lbs. The water pump has (or should have) a built in check valve that does not let water go into the freshwater tank. There is also a check valve just inside that city water connection that does not let water out that connection when you use the fresh water tank and pump.

how do I drain all the water from the system
- There should be "low point drains" somewhere in the camper near the floor that you can open to drain MOST of the water from the water lines when you open the faucets. If you look under the camper you should see 2 pex pipes (usually red, hot and blue, cold) that stick down from the floor. The valves will be inside just above those pipes. The fresh water tank has a seperate valve somewhere, depending on the particular model Sunline.

how do I sanitize the system?
- Use 1/4 cup of 5% household bleach to 15 gallons of water in the freshwater tank and pump it through the plumbing. Let it stand for at least 3 hours.

These answers just barely touch on your questions but hopefull are a start.

Remember, we never consider any question on this forum to be a "dumb question" since we were all new to this at one time. Feel free to ask anything here.

Also, if you know the model number of your Sunline, someone here may know the exact locations of the low point drains and the freshwater drain.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:40 AM   #4

SUN #7858
SCOUT is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the help, guys!!