Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #1

SUN #4081
Photokit is an unknown quantity at this point
"Punch List" of to do's before heading out camping?

Does anyone have a list of "do this first" when setting out, can you share it with me. I'm going to do a dry run this weekend, towing to Vallecito Lake in Colorado. Not far from home, about 45 miles, no mountain passes. The campground has water, so I'm wondering if I should wait to fill er up till I get there. And a suggested "punch" list for camping without electric hook up. Cooler will have cold food instead of refrigerater. I just want to play with my new to me camper. Saturn T-1850.

I hooked up the TV and all the lights are now working (replaced some bulbs). I have not yet filled up the tanks for drinking and other water. Hope you all are planning some fun yourselves this weekend.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #2

SUN #3259
Mellow Yellow is an unknown quantity at this point
We'll also head out on our first non-hookup trip soon. One thing I know you should do is to sanitize your freshwater tank and lines with a bleach solution well before you start out.

2001 Sunline Solaris T-250 SR

Mellow Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #3

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
I always travel with a full fresh water tank. (and sanitize once a month). Figure 8 lbs per gallon and see how much weight it adds. You're probably okay.

Start your list with what you can think of now and add as you go. It will develop to a useful one in a few trips.

I always keep a slip of paper in my pocket a day or so before a trip and write things down as I think of them in addition to my standard list.

Keep a separate list for towing that you can check in a minute or so before you head out. Lights checked, hitch pin in, safety chains hooked, brake breakaway hooked up, etc. Even when you think you no longer need it, use it just in case. My F150 with max tow actually has this check list on the digital dash.

I have a camping log too where I have a "things to do" list as something comes up that needs to be done later so I won't forget. I take care of those on the non-camping weekends
2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote