Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-28-2007, 01:54 AM   #1

SUN #328
bugbite
! Pin Connectors and Plug Shape !

OK with the help of 2 ee engies I finally get it...

Through the sketchy question I was assigned to ask yall.

The plug body indeed is round in shape. The pins (spays) are actualy flat. Where I went wrong after physically inspecting the electric controller brake interface for our Prodigy I only counted 6 spays in perimeter. I failed to count the spay in the middle.

Soooo if anyone wants to know except Hutch, the Sunline is a "standard" 7 flat pin (Bargman) that the body itself is round.

Make sure you see Hutch's great diagram on what the body and connectors are like. Fortunately ours is already set up for a Sunline and the majority of pups and tts.

I learned something by the hardest!

God Bless yah Hutch! I look forward to meeting your wife and you someday. You can join my ee complaining about your living so long w/ a challenged wife and she and I can get together and do the same.

Should be fun!

BB

Cool Runnings Silent and Swift
bugbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:25 AM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
BB I have to ask....why did you start a new thread when you already had one going on the same topic?

It is so much easier to follow a thread if the topic is kept together - you referenced Hutch's sketch......so if a newbie came on - they would be scratching their head looking for that very detailed sketch, most of us would know you posted another thread....but then again most of us know that we have a standard plug - nothing out of the norm!

I'm not a monitor or the forum police....just a member who finds it difficult to read a thread on the same topic, by the same poster, more than once.....it is very hard to follow!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:20 AM   #3

SUN #287
nickster60
I agree Nanna & Poppy
nickster60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:48 AM   #4

SUN #328
bugbite
Hey now, I consider them 2 different topics. The question mine (or DH's rather) and the answer. (Hutch's and my husbands.)

Question: Anyone know what kind of connector is on the 1950?
7 pin flat?
8 pin round?
Bargman?

Answer:
7 pin flat (round body of plug and flat spays)

So here is what the brake controller plug looks like from Hutch:

PTHutch
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:44 am Post subject: (Light and Brake Controller)

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/ph...opic.php?t=770

BTW folks, I don't need lectured to except by the moderators. Of which I hold the most respect. I do follow their directions and I have apologized to the poster.

My DH commented that some people were giving me a hard way to go on some previous posts sorta' lecturing me.

I took no offense. I really don't care what people say. The only time I get riled is when my family is attacked.

My family I defend to the end. So much so I would gladly give my life for them. I have done so in the past, put myself in harm's way rescuing Neyll. Will certainly do so again if necessary.

Peace,
Old 06-28-2007, 07:07 AM   #5

SUN #287
nickster60
I think things are getting a little out of hand over here. Time for me to take a brake.
nickster60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:08 AM   #6

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Bugbite,

I have to 100% agree that it is getting very out of hand over here. I have tried to explain to you that there is no such thing as a 7 way flat. The plug is round and has 6 prongs along the outside with a center ground in the middle. That is the way it is, and that is the way it is known throughout the whole RV industry. If you go to a dealer and say you want a 7 way flat plug, they will look at you like YOU have no idea what your talking about.

Here's a pic of what the plug that comes on ALL Sunline's looks like:

This plug has been used on Sunline RV's longer than the T-1950 model has been around.

Another thing, please stop with your rude comments. I did not find the dog one rude, but I have found other ones, especially about how Toyota is better than everyone else. It may be your opinion, but you don't need to drill it in. I've been born and raised in the Motor City, and I'm proud of that, so I personally take offense to your comment when we have so many auto workers out of jobs here. Also, since most members here own a TV made by Ford, GM, or Dodge, I'm sure others take offense to that also. For this very reason is why most of your Toyota questions are not getting answered. If I were you, CALM DOWN!!!!! If you don't, I WILL be contacting Sarah and you WILL be possibly blocked, if enough of us complain. It has happened before, so it can happen again.

Thank you,
Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:13 AM   #7

SUN #328
bugbite
Pins and preferences

Jon,

Brand loyalty runs deep. You consider the Excursion the "Cream of the crop for TVs." Perhaps a GM or Dodge person would disagree.

GM has a diesel motor rated by most consumer report magazine and websites as superior in towing reliability. It has an Isuzu diesel engine. Isuzu has been manufacturing diesels for industrial hauling for years.

You can look the above up for yourself.

You probably have insulted people here saying your Ford Excursion is superior. "Creme of the crop."

Perhaps you may rethink your comments. I have always found people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw cement blocks.

Let's have equity and fairness here please. You are entitled to your opinion others are entitled to theirs. Your opiniion is no better than another's. It's your opinion.

Rewind:

>>bugbite wrote:
>>1997 Solaris T-2653
2002 Excursion Limited V10, 4x4, 3.73 <<

Gosh how does that do?

Bugbite,

The 2653 was actually my parents' trailer. We owned it for 5 wonderful years and I would love to find it again and buy it, whatever the cost. Actually, I don't have a Sunline right now- all four in my sig have been sold.

As for towing the 2653, we started out pulling it with a '96 Explorer V6. That was an upgrade from the previous '91 Explorer V6, which was a lot better than the '96. The '96 pulled the TT horribly and we upgraded after a year of having the TT to a '98 Navigator. That 5.4L V8 pulled the TT perfectly and it was a good combo, so good that when the lease was up in 2000, we got another. But then the TT got sold (upgraded to a MH), so the need for the large TV was not there. Now I have a Excursion, which isn't diesel, but is the cream of the crop for TV's.

Jon
1997 Solaris T-2653
2002 Excursion Limited V10, 4x4, 3.73

Last edited by Sunline Fan on Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total<<
---

>>Bugbite,

The best I've gotten is 15.1 solo on the highway. City is about 9-13, depending on terrain and your foot. Towing is about 6 for a heavy trailer, 8-9 for an average size. Those figures are for the gasser V10. Diesel however can get upwards of 21 Hwy (solo) if it's equipped with proper aftermarket stuff. Stock, the 7.3L get about 17-18 Hwy, 13-15 city, and about 13 towing on the highway. The city # drops a lot in the middle of winter with cold starts, etc, which do suck up fuel. A very cold, bad day would be about 11-12. I've heard that the '03-'07 6.0L can get better mileage (maybe mid-20's), but I can't confirm that.

I haven't left the Sunline family totally. After all, I do sleep in one every night (see post called "The secret is out..." in Sunline community), but I am currently looking for another Sunline. I don't have any RV at the moment. My parents however do have a Fleetwood MH and Weekend Warrior toy hauler.
<<

I would wager more than a few GM and Dodge diesel owners get better fuel mileage and can pull extremely large payloads.

Ford does not make their own diesel engines International Harvestor does. They have to outsource them after many unsuccessful tries at making a reliable diesel. GM gets theirs from Japan because they couldn't perfect their own, and Dodge uses Cummins a super work horse puller.

For instance:

"Dodge Introduces Cleaner, Quieter and More Powerful 6.7-liter Cummins Turbo-Diesel... - Auto News from September 28, 2006

DALLAS, Sept. 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The war among America's diesel- powered pickup trucks rumbles into a new round with Dodge announcing more horsepower, torque, refinement and a host of advanced towing features..."
Automotive.com

P.S. My DH works in a shop environment everyday. The mechanics there servicing the long haul vehicles that MUST run 24/7 cross country.

They service Ford Diesels and Gas models but buy GM Products for their personal tow vehicles. If we could justify a vehicle just for tow we would buy a GM Diesel 3/4 Ton. Their engine is great! But that is our choice. Only ours. Reasonable people agree to disagree reasonably afterall.

We simply cannot justify in our own minds a tow only vehicle (we are Scottish and very thrifty, but we can claim we have no debt whatsover, we have all of our 3 vehicles and previously the lil ole Coleman - cash - as well as our house for about 15 years.)

My cousin and her husband just retired from GM. They moved to FL as my cousin could no longer take the Michigan winters. I am sure she would disagree about the creme of the crop remark.

Thank you for your opinions!

BB
Dog lover, all breeds, dog rescuer and enthusiast. I love them all! I never have been without at least one dog in my whole life and God willing I never shall be without one.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:37 AM   #8

SUN #328
bugbite
Hey Hutch!

Guess what??? My engie showed me his autocad drawing he made for the connector for our lil ole Coleman. It is an exact 180 flip of the drawing you posted.

He explained to me the round pin in the center was auxillary if not used for backup lights. I thought it was a ground! Silly me!

I am sooo dense on electrical stuff. All I can manage is to hand him wire loom and teflon tape. I have learned that by hours and hours and hours in our garage!

You ee's are phenomenal!

Thanks again for all your patient help and explanation.

BB, Garage Surgical Nurse for a Dr. PE