Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #21

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auksas View Post
...There is a switch by the bathroom's door as well that I have no clue about its function.
My 2363 has a switch like that next to the bathroom door. It turns on the light in the bathroom .. BUT .. the switch on the bathroom light fixture itself has to be on too.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #22

SUN #5814
Auksas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
My 2363 has a switch like that next to the bathroom door. It turns on the light in the bathroom .. BUT .. the switch on the bathroom light fixture itself has to be on too.
Wow. I feel pretty stupid for not testing that. Will check tomorrow. Might be same deal with the other switch and interior light.
Thanks

Old 11-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #23

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Wow. I feel pretty stupid for not testing that. ..
Don't feel stupid. I didn't mention how long it took me to figure it out on mine.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #24

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Don't feel stupid. I didn't mention how long it took me to figure it out on mine.
....and I won't tell on you either Gene!
P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #25

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
My stupid moment with a switch was not thinking to shut the pump switch off.
When the toilet ball valve assembly ruptured and the pump pumped a few gals or so of water all over, I learned real fast.
P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:14 AM   #26

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Trying to start my fridge on propane and following the instruction label: turn right knob on PROPANE, center knob 1/4 ON, press left button till the light goes off. After I press the button the light keeps blinking and emits a clicking sound.
Where do I start checking for problems and is there a way to light the propane for the fridge manually?
Few other questions.
3 switches on the side of the fridge: top one turns on the pump, lower left- light outside. Can't find what the lower right does.
There is a switch by the bathroom's door as well that I have no clue about its function.

Few lights don't work inside the trailer. I removed the light fixtures and confirmed that no electricity is coming to them. Is there a fuse box somewhere for those 12v lights?
I do not have your exact fridge but can try and help. Can you give us a model/ serial number of the fridge? We can look up. Some of the older ones where all gas controls (no DC power) and then some started having DC controls as part of the fridge system.

Point is the DC part. You seem to be having 12 VDC issues with lights not working. If the frdige needs 12 volts to run part of the control board you might not have power to run it.

Give us the model/serial number and we can start digging into that unless someone has one like your and knows the in's and out's of it.

Now the no lights, yes there are 12 volt fuses somewhere. Again do not know your exact conveter, however a place to start is behind the cover on the Magnatek converter. The old converters used small glass tube fuses. Unplug the 120 VAC shore power and open that cover. You should find the 12 volt power source and a trail to the fuse block. Pic's for us helps too to see and tell you where to hunt.

Question:

Does anything 12 volts DC work in the camper? If so what?
Do you have a battery installed?
Are you on 120 VAC shore power or just battery? Does it make any difference on battery or 120 VAC for things working in the camper?

Some of the real old converters has a switch function to either run off the battery or change the battery. And sme you had to flip the switch to get then to work the way you wanted. I do not know if your is like this, just throwing it out there. My son had one in an real old pop up like that.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:04 AM   #27

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sometimes that fridge can be a bugger but once the light is on you should push the button in. Listen for the clicking. that means the igniter is sparking and when the gas gets to the burner it should ignite oonce there is gas. Getting gas to the burner can take quite awhile. Once the light goes out keep the button in for about 20/30 seconds before releasing. You can go open the outside refrigerator door and feel the burner box, small box at the lower right, and feel the heat. That means the fridge is running on gas.

When I turn the LP on at the tanks, after making sure they are full, I go to the stovetop and turn on a burner and this helps fill lines with gas. Once the stove burns I then go to the fridge. I think it takes less time to fill lines with gas this way.

Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote