Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #1

SUN #639
Harryo
Leak or What

Hi All,
I have a 1999 Sunline Soaris 2990 Rear bath. went to winterize and notice that the Vinal Flooring had turned a grayish light brownish color.This is in the bathroom mostly.I have some bath mats in there, And everywhere there was a mat the vinal flooring looked like the day i picked it up from Dealer.I took a steam mop and tried to clean it did not work. The vinal flooring is the light grey.The discolor is mostly around the base , No leak that i can find.

Thanks for your help Harryo

Old 12-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Harry,

Discolored flooring is usually the first sign of a leak. The flooring has like a layered paper backing to it, and that gets wet which discolors the top part. The bathroom is a common place for leaks/floor rot to occur.

If you don't want to replace all of the flooring at this point, you could always open up the access panel under the tub or a spot under the sink and cut out a piece of flooring in there to look at the wood underneath. If it's clean, then you might be OK. If it isn't, well you'll be pulling up the flooring.

The vinyl goes completely under the carpeting and for most of the length of the trailer if not all. It may be cut short in your bedroom, I'm not sure with the front bedroom models. It also goes under all of the walls/cabinets too, so you'll have to do a lot of cutting. The most common replacements are occasionally the stick down vinyl tiles and more commonly the pre-finished hardwood flooring that you can get from Sam's Club, Home Depot, etc.

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #3

SUN #639
Harryo
Thanks for all the help . It is a rainy day here so good time to check for leaks.Wanted to check everthing i could before i started removing flooring.My Question is how do you remove that access panel below the shower incloser It seems real tight and i don't want to tear up something i cant replace. Well back to the hunt. Thanks again Harry
Old 01-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #4

SUN #1879
OhhWell is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryo View Post
Thanks for all the help . It is a rainy day here so good time to check for leaks.Wanted to check everthing i could before i started removing flooring.My Question is how do you remove that access panel below the shower incloser It seems real tight and i don't want to tear up something i cant replace. Well back to the hunt. Thanks again Harry
The screws on our 94 were a little ornery but came out fine after the initial loosening tug. I'm assumning you mean the small panel accessed from under the trailer.

Former trailers - '94 T-2770
'02 t-2753
'08 Keystone Sprinter 299BHSS
OhhWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #5

SUN #3336
dlkauff is an unknown quantity at this point
Harry,
I have the same trouble with my 2975 solaris. We noticed the vinyl flooring was discoloring and soft spots at rear bathroom flooring. We took up some of the floor which was rotted and took insulation out. Some of the wood framing were wet also. So did you find out where your leak was coming from??