Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #1

SUN #2302
sarahcamping is an unknown quantity at this point
leak in awning

hello again,
we had a very rainy camping weekend... still fun! but we noticed a teeny leak (drip) from a spot on the awning..right along the seam.... any way to add a silicone ? to seal it ? Like a tent repair ?? I say duct tape ! HA hubby says no !
thoughts
its a 2003 T1950 ... still in pretty good shape but showing its age..

Old 06-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
awning tape - camping world and I'd assume most RV dealerships would sell it.....also available on ebay!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #3

SUN #1577
jbinnh is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Sarah,
As the owner of the same yr/model Sunline, I am wondering what else might be showing its age. My table slides ok but the mechanism to drop the leg is bent and suffering from metal fatigue. Guess I will have to find one online and replace it. What are your other issues? Curious to compare with ours which is in excellent shape, almost.
John (in NH)
Old 06-10-2012, 04:55 AM   #4

SUN #2302
Like yours ours is showing its age, but overall in fantastic condition... Now that I am thinking, it might sound like a lot
Emblems / sticker graphics starting to peel...black spots ? mold all around door frame and that rubber gasket on windows...( outside ) sticking table... undercarriage seems to be rusting ... back bumper - needed to reweld it! ... OH yes, and my awning...tiny holes / splits are starting to appear - aka leaks... But really.. over all quality of our Sunlines is fantastic.. good bones !! all interior fabric / valences, upholstery etc in great shape... but we do try to take care of her... OH one last thing... spare tire cover... too much sun while storing in summer ( between trips ) need a new one...
Keep me posted about yours ! Thanks
Sarah

We are in Mass.... will be passing through NH to head to Papoose Pond in a few weeks...
Old 06-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #5

SUN #1577
Sounds like very similiar units. We really put ours to the test last summer with a 14K mile trip over three months and that did age it just a tad but its honest wear.
We have wanted to make a M&G for three years now, but the dates have not worked for us yet. Maybe we could have one in NH or Maine sometime. The Sept meet in the Adirondacks is the same weekend as the Common Ground Fair in Maine which I promised my wife we would make this year but we will keep trying.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #6

SUN #2302
WOW 14K miles !! my goodness..... Glad to hear it made it !! Hope it was a smooth trip !! I cant imagine....

We have never done a M & G and quite honestly... took me a while to figure out what you meant ! HA....

Some day.. who knows...
Old 06-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #7

SUN #2302
question for your jbinnh... what do you use to clean the T1950.. the black streaks are driving me bonkers.. its not helping to hide the age !! I just went to a camping store and bought... Mean Green... we'll see... I think we have tried everything else on the market.. to no avail.. maybe I am just not SCRUBBING hard enough ! thoughts ??
Old 06-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #8

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome from the Dollar store works well .... usually. Don't scrub too hard though and do a small area at a time and rinse well. Another thing that works is Clorox Kitchen Cleanup with bleach.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #9

SUN #2302
Just got in from trying the Mean Green.... it's not so mean !! worked about 20%... took some off.. not all.. oh well.. it is what it is.. might keep eyes open for the Awesome product. Where are you in RI Gene ? I spent summers on Prudence Island. Any RI campgrounds you recommend??
Old 06-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #10

SUN #2302
Regarding the awning tape..
Just picked up a roll from a RV supply shop. yikes.. $16.95 ! I am hoping its a lot better than ordinary duct tape.. ( which I have seen clear! ) The salesman said its better than duct tape... we'll see... again ouch... $ 16.95 !! OH what we spend on our campers !!

Old 06-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #11

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahcamping View Post
.... I spent summers on Prudence Island. Any RI campgrounds you recommend??
I am right near Quonset Point which was the former Navy base.

Prudence Island is a real special place, slow and easy pace and one road that is hardly used .... if you can call it a road. My former boss built a "summer camp" on Prudence. One and a half stories and a walkout basement. I visited him there a couple of times.

I haven't camped in RI ... yet, but I hear Fisherman's Memorial State Park campground is nice and a friend of my wife often goes to Wawaloam Campground ( Wawaloam Campground )

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #12

SUN #1577
Hi Sarah,
Just home this afternoon from time in Maine, where I forgot to bring the laptop.
I bought a 32 oz spray container Black Streak Remover by Camco. It is 2-3 yrs old but the price on it is $5.99. It works wonderfully for us, with no scrubbing needed. The label says you can dilute it with water and use to clean awnings, SS, Aluminum, glass,etc. You could probably brush your teeth with it. WWW.Camco.net.
Heres another tip for removing bugs.When we got back last fall from out west the truck and camper were hammered with cooked on bugs. I tried a couple of commercial bug and tar removers to no avail. Searched the web and tried several other items that were suggested again with no help. Went to the local auto body shop and asked them what they used and he brought out a can of Sprayway glass cleaner and demonstrated its effectiveness. It did not take me very long before going to the Sanels Auto Store that he buys it from to get my own can, with which I needless to say, am extremely pleased.
Hope this helps.
John
Old 06-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #13

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinnh View Post
Hi Sarah,
Just home this afternoon from time in Maine, where I forgot to bring the laptop.
I bought a 32 oz spray container Black Streak Remover by Camco. It is 2-3 yrs old but the price on it is $5.99. It works wonderfully for us, with no scrubbing needed. The label says you can dilute it with water and use to clean awnings, SS, Aluminum, glass,etc. You could probably brush your teeth with it. WWW.Camco.net.
Heres another tip for removing bugs.When we got back last fall from out west the truck and camper were hammered with cooked on bugs. I tried a couple of commercial bug and tar removers to no avail. Searched the web and tried several other items that were suggested again with no help. Went to the local auto body shop and asked them what they used and he brought out a can of Sprayway glass cleaner and demonstrated its effectiveness. It did not take me very long before going to the Sanels Auto Store that he buys it from to get my own can, with which I needless to say, am extremely pleased.
Hope this helps.
John
John, Sam's Club carries Sprayway glass cleaner in a four-can pack too... The one by me carries a Sprayway stainless steel (appliance) cleaner too, so it's important not to confuse the two!

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote