Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-17-2008, 07:43 PM   #1

SUN #734
pzsunline2
How do YOU put on the ADCO cover?

Okay..... we got some bad weather coming in MD. what is the best way to get those pain in the *^#@^ winter covers on? Ladders, two people, its a no no to walk on the roofs.....Hmmmmm, each yr its like the dreaded deed to find a quick way to cover yer up. I welcome all ideas, some people here probably have it down to a science on these things. I am listening!

Now a 00' 2363 Sunline going round again with 4 Yorkies, 1 Lab/pittie, 1 Shih Tzus going a campin'.
pzsunline2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #2

SUN #132
Makers Mark
On my 2363 I cover myself with just one step ladder. First be sure to have all antennas’ down and secured. I always turn the awning lock up so it is out of the way for the cover. Anything sharp or protruding can be covered with pipe foam insulation and tape.

I like to have the cover rolled up from front to back and from awning side to street side. That way I start in the back and just un-roll the cover to the front on the street side. I then return to the back and pull the awning side rear corner over. Then go to the front and pull the awning side front corner over. My only obstacle is the roof air unit which I can “carefully” pull over with the awning rod. The rest is reachable from the ladder. No problems with the exception that I always pick the windiest day to do it.

One year, no lie I had a severe gust of wind pick the entire cover up in the air with me hanging on at the rear. Just as I though I was going for a wild ride, the wind stopped and the cover just gently settled perfectly over the entire coach. I just looked up into the sky and thanked him.
MM

2015 Rockwood 2608WS (SOB)
SUN # 132
Makers Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:35 PM   #3

SUN #734
pzsunline2
That ADCO cover

Thanks for the help, the cover usually stays in the shed, and it never gets put on, its brand new and was given to me right in the box by a Coachmen owner, our last BIG camper was a Coachmen Chapparel, and he got one for free also in his buying deal. I want to cover my "possible" vintage 2363 so she stays as new looking as possible. The awning hook idea is a good one too. Gonna give it a try.
Now a 00' 2363 Sunline going round again with 4 Yorkies, 1 Lab/pittie, 1 Shih Tzus going a campin'.
pzsunline2 is offline   Reply With Quote