Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-17-2018, 07:47 AM   #1

SUN #10815
85sun107 is an unknown quantity at this point
How do i setup my waste tank and grey water tank

We are new to camping and are getting ready to go camping on November 2nd
for the first time. And i don't know how much water i should put it the sewer tank or grey tank or if i need too. We might need to do number two at night .
i have the stuff that says add one small bottle to help break down waste.
So if any campers can tell me step by step what i need to do to get this all prepped it would greatly appreciated
thank you
Scott

Old 10-17-2018, 08:22 AM   #2

SUN #2943
Tod Osier is an unknown quantity at this point
If the trip is a weekend trip, especially in cooler weather, I would not worry about any tank additive. We use happy camper additive and have been really happy with it, but like I said a weekend trip in cool weather I wouldn’t add anything. Some of the additives are pretty nasty as far as chemicals and we haven’t seen the need for more than happy camper even on hot summer trips. Happy camper is a favorite here.

As far as adding water, none needs to go in the gray. The best practice is to put it in the black. 5 gallons, or so, is ideal. You need water in there to keep the stuff from clinging to the bottom of the tank and to get a good flush of the tank. I don’t put much water in the black, but it is better to do it. If we are moving I’ve found that the rate of water accumulation in the black is fine that I don’t have to add, but sitting it needs a good shot of water to start.

Keeping the black tank clean is pretty important since things can build up if you aren’t paying attention. If you don’t have a tank flusher installed, you can put water directly in the toilet after a dump and dump again. Better is a Valterra hydroflush IF you have a straight shot into the black tank. It works great on our tank. The hydroflush can actually completely fill our tank if left on with good water pressure. Couple rinses and the tank water is clear.

We don’t worry about toilet paper brand, but things like paper towels are pretty bad and can cause a clog.

2006 Sunline T-1950
2019 Ford F-250
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tod Osier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:50 AM   #3

SUN #10815
85sun107 is an unknown quantity at this point
thank you
Old 10-17-2018, 05:25 PM   #4

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty much any single ply TP will work fine. They make a nice clear black tank fitting with a water hose connection that works pretty good just let it run until the water is clear. I don't believe in dumping chemicals in the tanks but that's personal, make sure your toilet seal works when you are done be sure there is water standing in the toilet that will keep odor in the tank. If you are going to drive around to a dump station before you dump the tank the movement will be plenty to stir things up.