Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #1

SUN #811
dryflie
Heater Question

New to me T2670, 1996 model. Gas tanks are full, gas gets to the stove and lights but nothing happening at the furnace. The thermostat does work and turns on the blower but no heat is being produced. I check the switch in the furnace box itself and it is on. So what am I missing here? Is there a gas shut off for the furnace other than at the tanks??

Thanks
Al

Old 05-23-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Al,

I can't help you any, BUT a LOT of the "techy" guys are at the meet n greet, so I'm sure one of them or some of the other guys will be readin' your post and help you out.

I haven't used my furnace in quite a while (I cheat with electric heater) so I don't really remember if there was any "clicking" just prior to it igniting. Also, right now with the temps pretty warm you will probably have to have your thermostat set up to about 90 in hopes of it turning on. But, I didn't notice where you are located either.

Don't give up, the guys will help you get it going.

Kitty

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:52 AM   #3

SUN #811
dryflie
Kitty, thanks for the help. Fortunately when I reset the thermostat this morning the ignitor clicked and we had heat. Strange but perhaps it was just the winter storage and trying to get gas to the furnace for the first time this spring.

You're lucky with being able to use an electric heater, my campground has now turned off their generator so we're on our own now with personal generators, batteries etc.

Al