Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-22-2016, 11:28 AM   #1

SUN #8871
Hasteranger is an unknown quantity at this point
Going to look at an 01 Solaris t2975 tonight. Tips?

Hi,
New to campers but have used my friends so somewhat familiar with their operation. High level of mechanical ability and knowledge of mechanical systems.

Going to look at an 01 t2975 today. It's cheap because it had a leak and was resealed. I've heard good things about the quality of these trailers. One wall is a little wrinkly but the rest of it looks good. Will know more tonight. Other than verifying that the major systems (ac, furnace, water heater, water pump, toilet), and inspecting the repairs, any other areas I should be looking at?

Old 09-22-2016, 02:24 PM   #2

SUN #128
Tweety
The big problems with a trailer that has leaked are wood rot & mold. Check for soft spongy flooring. If you search this site you can find some pictures of damage folks have found that was caused by water leaks.

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:06 PM   #3

SUN #8871
He had replaced a couple sections of flooring that he said was soft and the work appeared to be a pretty high-quality. He had to reattach the skins with some high-quality tape that's specially made for that. They had just kind of separated at the corners and that's where it leaked. I was a teeny bit concerned about the walls having been wet, but it's one of those things that is just is what it is. I went ahead and bought it. I'm taking out a small loan from the credit union so I probably won't be picking it up until early next week but I am really excited. The interior is completely meant and these trailers are so ridiculously nice. I really like the layout with the front bedroom and ear bunk and bath. It's my wife and I and our two little kids. 2 years and 3 months old. Should get at least a couple years use out of it. A lot of the features were really high end, the cabinets are so much nicer than other RVs I looked at, the central AC system is really cool, hopefully it won't be too hard to repair when it breaks down. One odd thing (for a 29' trailer) is that it has no sway control or weight distribution, so I will be adding one of those systems since we will be using it on the road.

Very excited to go camping with it.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:00 AM   #4

SUN #8731
RypH is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope you get much enjoyment out of it. Ridiculously nice, indeed.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:25 AM   #5

SUN #9540
ghorvath is an unknown quantity at this point
My husband and I just got this exact model last week with the same problem, a former repaired leak. We plan to go around and reseal before winter storage. Would be interested to hear how it's going!
ghorvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:49 AM   #6

SUN #8871
Going great, need to replace soft spots under living room and bathroom vents where they were left open but they aren't bad. Probably will be a winter project, pull up old flooring and put down laminate. 2 vents are cracked and currently taped, need replaced. Water heater doesn't work on gas or electric. Furnace lights but kicks off after 5 attempts (blows hot air during attempts).

Got it cheap though and served us through a few trips already. Love the floor plan and it's pretty easy to work on.