Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #1

SUN #10091
A6pk2go is an unknown quantity at this point
Front decal graphics for a 1996 Sunline T-1740

The Sunline T-1740 I just purchased needs the graphic that covers the "FRONT" window awning. I just need someone who KNOWS a member who has a very nice looking one instead of the one I have.

I have a friend that can do graphics who lives in New Jersey who owns Signature Graphics who I'll get to make mine once I get him a good "ART PIECE" to work with.

I'll just sit over in the corner and wait for someone to get back with me. I know it's winter BUT hey I just got my camper and you guessed it I have CAMPER FEVER.

A6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:17 AM   #2

SUN #9763
Digmenow is an unknown quantity at this point
Use this link to go to this post from a different thread. There is a working link there to a photobucket album that has a few pictures that might be helpful to you. Due, I guess, to photobucket's new policy of holding pictures for ransom, the site software here won't allow new links to photobucket but the old ones still seem to work.

2004 Solaris 280SR
Previously: 2003 Solaris Lite T-1950
"The Land of Pleasant Living!"
Digmenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:59 AM   #3

SUN #10091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
Use this link to go to this post from a different thread. There is a working link there to a photobucket album that has a few pictures that might be helpful to you. Due, I guess, to photobucket's new policy of holding pictures for ransom, the site software here won't allow new links to photobucket but the old ones still seem to work.
Thanks Digmenow, not quite the graphic I was looking for though.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:20 AM   #4

SUN #9721
CapsFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi....I was lucky to find my decals still available on eBay, but here is a post from Sunline Fan that looks like he may have a suggestion or be of some help in finding a source for the front decal as well...

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...als-17480.html

Have a great day!
Karen
Old 11-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #5

SUN #10091
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsFan View Post
Hi....I was lucky to find my decals still available on eBay, but here is a post from Sunline Fan that looks like he may have a suggestion or be of some help in finding a source for the front decal as well...

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...als-17480.html

Have a great day!
Karen
Thank you.......I may be in a hurry but need to slow down. I'll have my graphics guy give me a price on what it will cost to do the decal. I have mine out on my brothers farm right now. I will have to see how long and tall it has to be and just get the right look I want. He told me he could custom do it. Time will tell on what mine will look like. My girlfriend didn't like the idea of putting "A6PK2GO" on it. LOL Then another one I thought about was "IBIUBU" I think she likes trying to get it back to the orginal one.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #6

SUN #9721
CapsFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by A6pk2go View Post
Thank you.......I may be in a hurry but need to slow down. I'll have my graphics guy give me a price on what it will cost to do the decal. I have mine out on my brothers farm right now. I will have to see how long and tall it has to be and just get the right look I want. He told me he could custom do it. Time will tell on what mine will look like. My girlfriend didn't like the idea of putting "A6PK2GO" on it. LOL Then another one I thought about was "IBIUBU" I think she likes trying to get it back to the orginal one.
Sooo funny I see...you are looking for something more you! Just have fun with it....I have not put my front on on yet....I began to have second thoughts about it and wondered if I should either leave it white, or put something original. After all..it is your camper and will be your work of art

Enjoy....K
Old 11-12-2017, 02:01 PM   #7

SUN #10091
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsFan View Post
Sooo funny I see...you are looking for something more you! Just have fun with it....I have not put my front on on yet....I began to have second thoughts about it and wondered if I should either leave it white, or put something original. After all..it is your camper and will be your work of art

Enjoy....K

That is true I fell in my own house on my kitchen floor so my ribs are killing me right now and beings I took it out to the brother's farm I'm kind of out of commission for a few weeks so I will be on here or pinterest getting ideas and valuable information.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:17 AM   #8

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
I do have both side decals available as reproductions for your trailer. They are printed and ready to go. I've been working on the front/rear one, but I don't have it available yet.

No original decals have been available for years for that large front/rear one. Sunline apparently didn't keep a large stock of these after they finished building and ran out of them sooner than most other decals, running out around 2002/2003.

Unless you have a really warm day or have the trailer inside, it's really too cold to try to install these on the trailer now.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:21 AM   #9

SUN #10091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
I do have both side decals available as reproductions for your trailer. They are printed and ready to go. I've been working on the front/rear one, but I don't have it available yet.

No original decals have been available for years for that large front/rear one. Sunline apparently didn't keep a large stock of these after they finished building and ran out of them sooner than most other decals, running out around 2002/2003.

Unless you have a really warm day or have the trailer inside, it's really too cold to try to install these on the trailer now.
Thanks for responding Sunline Fan. Do you have a pic of the exact decal? I'm not sure if I want to go that way or not. I'm not even sure of the cost of what you got compared to what I may have done to it. It will probably be next year probably April before I even need one. I just got the trailer last week and had it taken out to my brothers farm. I'm on disability and never owned anything other than a tent but have been looking for a travel trailer for years that I liked. I may not even put one on next year but being a little OCD it does bother me that the one on it is faded away. The one on the back looks pretty decent though.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:53 PM   #10

SUN #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by A6pk2go View Post
Thanks for responding Sunline Fan. Do you have a pic of the exact decal? I'm not sure if I want to go that way or not. I'm not even sure of the cost of what you got compared to what I may have done to it. It will probably be next year probably April before I even need one. I just got the trailer last week and had it taken out to my brothers farm. I'm on disability and never owned anything other than a tent but have been looking for a travel trailer for years that I liked. I may not even put one on next year but being a little OCD it does bother me that the one on it is faded away. The one on the back looks pretty decent though.
Which decal?

Your missing front decal is the exact same one as on the rear, just with a little bit of striping added next to it. I haven't finished the artwork for this yet because my rear one is nearly perfect and my front one is still pretty good, so I didn't want to replace it yet.

The small Solaris decal is attached in the picture on my tire cover. I printed two sets of three when I printed these, one for each side and one for the tire cover. That's correct for Sunline in the late '90s.

I understand it's a lot of money, but it would cost even more as an individual to have replacements made. All of my reproductions are created from original, unused decals that I have, so the colors are very close/exact to original and the size is correct for the original. If you have someone measure the decals on your trailer, especially the side ones on the aluminum, they probably won't be able to measure it exact to recreate it from scratch and have it fit right on the trailer in the end. Plus, they will probably charge you a lot to do that. Most of why the sun and tree decals are so expensive are because the two metallic vinyls are special order, in like a 25' roll.

So unless you want to go with something completely custom, I doubt you'll be able to replicate the original decals for cheaper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A56D19CF-8F1C-4C44-B3B4-161AE192840B.jpg (133.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg C8952CC1-0CC7-4E0B-BD4E-6A14CD801AA7.jpg (152.5 KB, 16 views)
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Old 11-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #11

SUN #10091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
Which decal?

Your missing front decal is the exact same one as on the rear, just with a little bit of striping added next to it. I haven't finished the artwork for this yet because my rear one is nearly perfect and my front one is still pretty good, so I didn't want to replace it yet.

The small Solaris decal is attached in the picture on my tire cover. I printed two sets of three when I printed these, one for each side and one for the tire cover. That's correct for Sunline in the late '90s.

I understand it's a lot of money, but it would cost even more as an individual to have replacements made. All of my reproductions are created from original, unused decals that I have, so the colors are very close/exact to original and the size is correct for the original. If you have someone measure the decals on your trailer, especially the side ones on the aluminum, they probably won't be able to measure it exact to recreate it from scratch and have it fit right on the trailer in the end. Plus, they will probably charge you a lot to do that. Most of why the sun and tree decals are so expensive are because the two metallic vinyls are special order, in like a 25' roll.

So unless you want to go with something completely custom, I doubt you'll be able to replicate the original decals for cheaper.
Sorry about that. I tried to figure out how to edit the post........I some how figured out on another one but tried to get back with you before now. Yes all I really need is the front one. Good information sir. I'll keep you in mind if I decide to go with the orginal one.

Thanks again,

Tim
Old 11-21-2017, 04:01 PM   #12

SUN #7875
Grafikdsgnr is an unknown quantity at this point
T-1740 Saturn Decals

Tim,
We searched and searched and drove far too many miles looking for the 'perfect' trailer. It took a lot of patience and time, but we finally found exactly what we wanted and it fit all of our criteria and more. No water damage, great shape inside and out, AC, awning, bathroom w/shower, Refer, microwave, dual wheels and LP tanks, electric brakes, etc, etc. The previous owner of this '92, T-1740 Saturn never used the shower and it didn't look like he never sat on the upholstery! He used this trailer to live in while he built a house. The only thing I've done was build a reinforcement framework underneath the shower pan in an attempt to stave off the possibility of cracking some day. This seems to be a weak point on most RV's directly from the factory.
We feel very fortunate to have found our 'Sunny' and have used it three summers now. I hope you have as much fun in yours as we have had in ours.
As trivial as it may seem, the one thing that we would like to improve is what the sun has done to the decals over time. Have you been able to locate or replicate the front awning decal? Any of the others?
Thanks,
Pete
Old 11-21-2017, 06:00 PM   #13

SUN #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafikdsgnr View Post
As trivial as it may seem, the one thing that we would like to improve is what the sun has done to the decals over time. Have you been able to locate or replicate the front awning decal? Any of the others?
Thanks,
Pete
I do have all of those. The sun decal on your rock guard and sides- is it all burgundy, or is the mountain part light gray or dark gray with a burgundy sun? 1991 and 92 had both all burgundy and the light gray/burgundy style, and 1993 used the dark gray/burgundy. I haven't been able to figure out what got what and why.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:13 PM   #14

SUN #10091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafikdsgnr View Post
Tim,
We searched and searched and drove far too many miles looking for the 'perfect' trailer. It took a lot of patience and time, but we finally found exactly what we wanted and it fit all of our criteria and more. No water damage, great shape inside and out, AC, awning, bathroom w/shower, Refer, microwave, dual wheels and LP tanks, electric brakes, etc, etc. The previous owner of this '92, T-1740 Saturn never used the shower and it didn't look like he never sat on the upholstery! He used this trailer to live in while he built a house. The only thing I've done was build a reinforcement framework underneath the shower pan in an attempt to stave off the possibility of cracking some day. This seems to be a weak point on most RV's directly from the factory.
We feel very fortunate to have found our 'Sunny' and have used it three summers now. I hope you have as much fun in yours as we have had in ours.
Thanks,
Pete
Pete, I'm going to take it a little slower for now until the weather gets better and also needing to heal up my ribs as I fell in my kitchen right before I actually picked mine up. There is a little damage up in the front left corner but the guy was I have known since I was a teenager told me he fixed and he recoated the roof. I'll probably just be on the safe side and go over everything with a clear chaulking and also do some type of flex and paintable chaulking for the inside. Will probably end up putting some of that peel and stick paper after I pick something out later. I'm pretty happy with it so far but just plan on checking it out real close before taking it far from home. I know I already need to get 4 scissor jacks for it. It didn't have a battery and it needs that brake piece I guess put on in case it breaks away from the truck. I'm not sure but I would think a battery will be needed for the brakes to work on the trailer in case it for whatever reason comes loose from the truck. IDK......I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. The decal can wait until I get all the other ducks in a row and I get a chance to see if anything else needs fixed. It is one of those things that will bug me until I get it done.

Thank you,
Tim
Old 11-22-2017, 01:49 PM   #15

SUN #10030
brijoskids is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking for the Front Graphic Replacement Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
Hey Digmenow,
We have the same model T1950 (saw your photo) and I am also looking to replace the front graphic on my "Sunny". If anyone finds a site that can help pass it on.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:55 PM   #16

SUN #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by brijoskids View Post
Hey Digmenow,
We have the same model T1950 (saw your photo) and I am also looking to replace the front graphic on my "Sunny". If anyone finds a site that can help pass it on.
There's a seller who has created one on eBay. I have no relation to them. It's an ok replica, not exact but not that bad either:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Sunline...dVS6jM&vxp=mtr
Old 01-15-2018, 05:02 PM   #17

SUN #9897
Withasmile is an unknown quantity at this point
Saturn decal

Sunline,
Do you still have decals for sale? I'm looking for one similar to what you described earlier in this post. 1992 T-2251 All burgundy mountain and sun rock guard (with dark gray bottom stripe) decal. Also looking for the front and side decals. I'll try to post a pic too. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (60.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-16-2018, 06:18 AM   #18

SUN #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withasmile View Post
Sunline,
Do you still have decals for sale? I'm looking for one similar to what you described earlier in this post. 1992 T-2251 All burgundy mountain and sun rock guard (with dark gray bottom stripe) decal. Also looking for the front and side decals. I'll try to post a pic too. Thanks in advance.
I do actually have originals of both those decals, but I will have to check to see if I have the files done. I don't have original new of the striping though. You might be able to just buy some burgundy vinyl, either from a sign shop or eBay, and cut your own piece for that part.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:46 PM   #19

SUN #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withasmile View Post
Sunline,
Good and bad news- I checked my files, I think I do have all the decals on your trailer, depending on the style of the small Saturn one. Even striping. Bad news is none of the files are vectorized yet, so I will need to do that before working on printing. Can you post a picture (doesn't have to be close up) of your side Saturn decal?
Old 01-21-2018, 03:43 AM   #20

SUN #9897
Withasmile is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry for the delayed response. I just noticed your reply. Here are the pictures of the side and front logo. (Thought I’d check on the front one too) I was able to find a pretty good match on the vinyl for the gray striping. The burgundy is a bit more challenging. Thanks again for helping
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6B9B7B26-27E0-46F3-8CF2-F9A504F0765A.jpg (48.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg D39BF1CE-2ADD-4287-84DE-DBB20A4B0BE9.jpg (53.5 KB, 6 views)