Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-16-2016, 03:45 PM   #1

SUN #8121
Gliden07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Found some Rot in floor.

I was in the outside rear storage compartment door under the bed and found a section of rot about 12-18" long and 6" wide. Its Black and has these little bugs in the wood. The source of the leak is the rubber molding around the door. Where can I get the molding, what should I use to kill the bugs and can I stabilize the wood or wait till the end of season and replace the section?

Old 07-17-2016, 04:09 AM   #2

SUN #8479
DaveSha is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure about the bugs…I suspect about any good insect killer will work…I used JB products for my rot I found in my tool compartment on the opposite end of the trailer…I dried it out good ( 3 days ) with a fan and sprayed it with the first part of the JB kit,let it dry for a day, then I used part 2 which mixes easily in your hand (it also comes in two parts, epoxy based), and then you work it into areas you want to rebuild) ….It worked well for me….It can then be drilled etc….There are other products out there that may be better but I used JB products, because of my experience with them in the shop in other applications…Good Luck... Dave….