Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-25-2015, 06:37 AM   #21

SUN #7466
Stearns is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 06-25-2015, 06:48 AM   #22

SUN #7466

After a few hours of drying

Old 06-25-2015, 06:51 AM   #23

SUN #7466
It is the worst on the outside corner passanger side.
It's bone dry under the shower but there is a spot just past the shower under fridge that is wet. BUT NOT AS BAD AS THE BATHROOM
ALL THE MOISTURE IS UNDER THE VINYL FLOOR THERE IS NO SIGN OF WATER DAMAGE TO ANY CABINETS OR ANYTHING ABOVE THE VINTL FLOOR.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:06 AM   #24

SUN #7466
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhWell View Post
Jim, have they upped the storage limit for locally hosted images? That was the main reason I went to hosting on photobucket (Which is becoming out of control with the ads now)
There is no sign of that leaking. I'm still not 100%sure whe r it is coming from?
Old 06-25-2015, 07:12 AM   #25

SUN #1879
OhhWell is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stearns View Post

That really is a nice looking Sunline. It reminds me of our old '94. It sure will be nice when you get that water issue sorted out.

Former trailers - '94 T-2770
'02 t-2753
'08 Keystone Sprinter 299BHSS
OhhWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:20 AM   #26

SUN #1879
Quote:
There is no sign of that leaking. I'm still not 100%sure whe r it is coming from?
Well, I can tell you that the lions share right now is coming from that bent out lower siding where the awning anchors that I mentioned in my previous post. As far as the original leak: I would put the highest probability on the seal on the access door for that compartment, the seal on the electrical outlet or the seal on the outside panel for the hot water heater.

'02 t-2753
Old 06-25-2015, 07:34 AM   #27

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for sharing! That TT looks like it is well worth your efforts!
P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:37 AM   #28

SUN #7466
Quote:
Well, I can tell you that the lions share right now is coming from that bent out lower siding where the awning anchors that I mentioned in my previous post. As far as the original leak: I would put the highest probability on the seal on the access door for that compartment, the seal on the electrical outlet or the seal on the outside panel for the hot water heater.
It is the worst right next to the door to that compartment.. Underneath water heater is dry. So I don't think it's that compartment.
If it wasn't for the insulation I think it wouldn't be as bad.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:07 AM   #29

SUN #7466
Quote:
That works but you will probably want to put a space between "4th" and the url. Good pictures. First off, the person you bought it from is a scumbag kinda like the guy who sold us our last Sunline. There is no way they didn't know about that. I can see the classic separation of the bottom siding strip where the awning anchor has nothing but wet wood to grab in to. Obviously do not use your awning with it still in those brackets, anchor the poles to the ground with some tent pins. With that siding out like that, it is just catching the rain like a gutter and dumping it into your camper. Bend it in as much as you can and gorilla tape over it to keep the rain out for now.

I don't think your toilet was the source of the original leak. Have you found the original source yet? It could be a tail light, storage panel access door etc...

Please put some Ethylene Glycol (Anti-Freeze) on that mess now since you are going to put your family in it and camp. Just lay a layer on top of every soft bit you can get to with a paint brush even if it is not dry. Then let it dry for at least 4 days.

The real nice thing is that thanks to the linoleum, it doesn't look like you will need to do any cabinet work unless you want to do a complete flooring replacement. If you don't have an oscillating tool yet, you may want to look into getting one. Those things are amazing for stuff like this. You may have to get a little creative but you should be able to get this thing pretty decent with that, traditional power saws, a floor jack and pry bar.

In this picture :

How bad are those support beams along the sides there? Are they mush all the way through or is there still something of a solid(ish) core of wood in the middle? What I'm wondering is if there is anything to support the framing in the walls on that side or if the metal siding and roof frame is taking the weight of that corner as it goes bouncing down the road.
I actually have been texting with the person I bought it from. He claims he had no idea of the leak. I am trying to get him to refund me $1000.
I paid 3700.
The refrig is only 2 years old and all other appliances work great including ac and furnace. Inside everything looks new except the floor.
I used a product called microban on the wood to kill bacteria mold ect. I have never heard of using antifreeze.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #30

SUN #1879
Quote:
I actually have been texting with the person I bought it from. He claims he had no idea of the leak. I am trying to get him to refund me $1000.
I paid 3700.
The refrig is only 2 years old and all other appliances work great including ac and furnace. Inside everything looks new except the floor.
I used a product called microban on the wood to kill bacteria mold ect. I have never heard of using antifreeze.
Yeah sure he didn't... I guess he could have been that clueless but he should have known something was wrong every time he put his awning in or used that storage compartment, stepped near the vanity in the bathroom etc... You found it quickly enough. It would be nice if he at least covered your expenses to fix it up.

Antifreeze of the Ethylene Glycol variety is an amazing anti fungal in that it kills everything, penetrates even into soggy wood and continues to kill for about a year. Of course it is also highly poisonous so must be used where humans or pets will not ingest it. If the Microban works, then that is good and likely safer.

'02 t-2753
Old 06-25-2015, 10:19 AM   #31

SUN #7466

Did some more digging. The whole back left side is soaked. This photo is in the compartment. It's right under the table seat close to the bathroom.

Water heater and platform it's on is dry. Under it is soaked all the way to the back edge of trailer. The very back is wet all the way to other side
Old 06-25-2015, 10:24 AM   #32

SUN #7466

This is along the whole rear. I'm trying to remove the wet insulation so it can begin to dry out
Old 06-25-2015, 10:27 AM   #33

SUN #7466
Under shower is dry basically the opposite side of trailer.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:30 AM   #34

SUN #7466
Little further back and it's wet
Old 06-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #35

SUN #1879
Yikes. That's good that you are tearing into it though. The water heater platform is dry but don't rule out the seal on the outside facing panel. I had one get a leak and it just dripped onto the wood below it, not the water heater itself. Anyway, I am sure you will go over every intrusion point in that area with a fine tooth comb.

'02 t-2753
Old 06-25-2015, 11:24 AM   #36

SUN #4040
jim44646 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
If it wasn't for the insulation I think it wouldn't be as bad.
When my water heater by pass valve cracked my insulation got soaked. It's amazing how much water insulation can hold. Plus it's right against the wood. Took a while to dry the wood out a after I opened it up.
Firestone Transforce AT tires
Reese Dual Cam Sway Control
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:55 PM   #37

SUN #7466
I just want to thank everyone for your help!I would be lost without forums like these.....

I cut the plastic material under the camper to get at the wet insulation. By removing the insulation I can get everything that isn't falling out dry relatively quickly with my drying equipment.

What can I use to repair the plastic sheet g under the camper where I cut to remove the insulation?
Old 06-25-2015, 08:01 PM   #38

SUN #7466
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim44646 View Post
When my water heater by pass valve cracked my insulation got soaked. It's amazing how much water insulation can hold. Plus it's right against the wood. Took a while to dry the wood out a after I opened it up.
I agree jim. When we go into houses we can dry drywall walls with insulation and wood framing without cutting out any material but it does take longer to dry.
Insurance companies love it because they don't have to pay for drying and drywall repairs.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:10 PM   #39

SUN #4040
jim44646 is an unknown quantity at this point
Flex-Mend tape it's for underbelly repair helps to use hair dryer on it after applying to make it stick really well.. I used 4" wide. Draco underbelly fabric for large areas.
A tip when cutting. Cut along center of beam or joist, it's easier to re-staple and tape

Firestone Transforce AT tires
Reese Dual Cam Sway Control
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote