Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #1

SUN #3392
pugman is an unknown quantity at this point
control panel in galley ?

I have a ? about my 2003 t2499 I just got. Control panel in the galley I cant find the answer in the owners manual. The one red switch is marked HTR is that for the water heater ? And the red switch on the wall next to my bathroom door when I turn it on the lights above the bathroom sink come on is that just to let someone know someone in the bathroom?

Old 04-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Does the tank panel and the big red switch look like this?

Here is the Hot water heater "electric" switch

Heads up, do not turn that hot water heater on electric with no water in the heater. You can burn it out quick. Maybe a minute or less.

There is also a dedicated circuit breaker for the electric part of the hot water heater. We flip that off after every campout and back on at the start of the next one once water is in the heater. This way there is some protection to an accident in flipping the heater switch on and no water.

If yours is like this, your 2003 must be a late made one. Like May or so 2003. What I showed you above is from a 2004. Later in 2004, the electric HW heater switch moved into a 3-switch tank panel.

The bath light switch. In our 2004 T2499 there was not a lighted switch. Just a white rocker switch. The red light may be a carry over from the 2003 and older models. Do not exactly know. There was one model that had that red lighted bath switch as it has come up before here on the forum. On mine, the light was the only thing on the white switch.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #3

SUN #3392
pugman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Does the tank panel and the big red switch look like this?

Here is the Hot water heater "electric" switch

Heads up, do not turn that hot water heater on electric with no water in the heater. You can burn it out quick. Maybe a minute or less.

There is also a dedicated circuit breaker for the electric part of the hot water heater. We flip that off after every campout and back on at the start of the next one once water is in the heater. This way there is some protection to an accident in flipping the heater switch on and no water.

If yours is like this, your 2003 must be a late made one. Like May or so 2003. What I showed you above is from a 2004. Later in 2004, the electric HW heater switch moved into a 3-switch tank panel.

The bath light switch. In our 2004 T2499 there was not a lighted switch. Just a white rocker switch. The red light may be a carry over from the 2003 and older models. Do not exactly know. There was one model that had that red lighted bath switch as it has come up before here on the forum. On mine, the light was the only thing on the white switch.

Hope this helps

John

yep my control panel looks just like yours . So that switch on the panel that says HTR is for the pilot light for the hot water heater ? I dont have switch that you show that says atwood
Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugman View Post
yep my control panel looks just like yours . So that switch on the panel that says HTR is for the pilot light for the hot water heater ? I dont have switch that you show that says atwood
Well,,,, maybe we are word mixed up.

On the tank panel are 2 red rocker switches. One for the water pump the other the gas mode on the LP HW heater.

The big red one up top by itself that says Atwood is the electric switch for the electric part of the HW heater. If you do not have this switch then more then likely yours is buried on the back of the HW heater is a black rocker switch to turn it on like the pre 2004's had. My 2004 T2499 the HW heater was under the couch.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote