Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #21

SUN #151
campin'dude
[QUOTE=Forgetting to chock wheels before unhitching while on a slope away from TV.[/QUOTE]

Yup, done that... thank goodness the safety chains were still attached.

We were camping in late March north of Baltimore and they were calling for some light snow one evening. I never gave a thought to rolling up the awning before we went to bed. Then, our dog woke me up at 3AM to go out... I opened the door and saw it was snowing and there was a couple inches on the ground... how pretty! I took the dog out and, as I turned and headed back towards the camper, my joy turned to dread as I noticed our awning was REALLY bowing from the heavy, wet snow. Uh, oh... this isn't good! But, before I got out the broom to clean and put our awning away, I had to let everyone else in our group know since they left their awnings out too. You get some really strange looks when you knock on someone's camper door at 3AM...

Work sucks, let's go camping!
campin'dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #22

SUN #132
Makers Mark
When winterizing your water system, please do not bend down to push the little button on the city water valve. You will end up with a face full and have to disassemble the valve to replace the O ring.
Also my DW tells me it should be a good idea to shut off the radio in the coach when I put it in storage, who knew?
MM

2015 Rockwood 2608WS (SOB)
SUN # 132
Makers Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #23

SUN #128
Tweety
Have you ever noticed driving down a narrow road that there are telephone poles that lean into the road? They'll take a bite out of your awning if you let them!
I always, and I mean every time, forget to turn off the fridge before we leave camp to come home.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #24

SUN #4407
underdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety View Post
I always, and I mean every time, forget to turn off the fridge before we leave camp to come home.

We were always bringing home leftovers so it stays on.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #25

SUN #1591
GKLarson is an unknown quantity at this point
don't let this happen to you

Here's what I was reducing to doing when I drove down a narrow rd 1/2mile past the last turnaround opportunity w/o a wheel or even a skid plate for my jackpost:
After numerous (& I mean numerous) attempts to back up my short, single axle trailer where I'd gain 3 ft before jack-knifeing & lose one of them when I realligned; I became VERY frustrated. Unhooked, turned around, & drove tv back to "good" side, pointed in direction I needed to get outta this jam. Had I a wheel or some way to support bottom of jack post I could have put a tow strap on tongue & dragged the front end around. Without one I was forced to jack the tongue up on a hydraulic jack I did manage to have along. I'd then kick it off the jack, gaining a few degrees back toward the direction I wanted the trailer to point. Jack up, kick off , jack up, kick off. After about 20 of these maneuvers I gained enough degrees to be able to rehitch & drive outta there.
My dear wife was most supportive, never laughing nor criticizing, ever the perfect traveling companion. I now have both a skid plate & wheel for my jackpost but 1st ride my mt bike down any narrow rds before towing down them very far

Glen & Kathleen
06 4.7L Tundra
06 T-1950, our 6 months/yr traveling home
one of numerous canoes
GKLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #26

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
How about forgetting to lift the stablizer jacks before driving off......
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #27

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
We all have some... Some more than others...

A few of the "learning's'" acquired the hard way....

It seems history repeats itself.... I did the same thing as Makers Mark. When winterizing pressed in the check valve on the fresh water inlet spout. The water pressure blows the O ring out of place and the only way to correct on my type was a total dis-assembly of the valve.

After doing this twice no less.... . Hey at least it was 4 years apart.... I created a post on how to get out of the problem... http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...air-11736.html

The next learning is: If you ever use a plastic wand rinser to flush out the black tank from inside the camper, make 110% sure of 2 things:

1. Install an "all metal" hose shutoff between hose and the wand.

2. Make sure your wife knows where to shut off the hose outside.

Here's the story. Just bought the new camper we have now. Did not get to putting the internal tank sprayers on yet so I used the wand to flush out the black tanks. OK no big deal right? Done it like 10 times so far with this camper. Here are the learning's.

Shove hose through bathroom window, wand on end, go inside put wand end in toilet, go back out turn on water.

Time 0: Grab wand, push toilet valve down and Poof!!

Time elapsed: 1 to 2 seconds: The pot metal hose shutoff off valve on the end of the hose blows out the plastic valve stem that turns it on and off. Water flying out that hole at full pressure.... First blast hits the full roll of toilet paper and turnd it into 1,000's of pieces all over.

Time elapsed: 3 to 4 seconds: I had a second to realize what had happened. So I put my hands of over the 3/8" hole in the valve gushing water everywhere. The 2nd wrong thing I did.... Boom, it now fly's straight up in my face, all over me and the ceiling in the bathroom.

Time elapsed: 5 to 8 seconds: I'm drenched and so is the bathroom, water running across the floor to the rug in the bedroom.

Time elapsed 9 to 12 seconds: Yell to wife, "Shut it off!!" Response, "Shut what off?" .....

Time elapsed 13 to 15 seconds: It dawns on me, point the blasting water down the toilet... Duh!!!.

Time elapsed 20 seconds: Gusher semi contained flowing down the toilet. Wife shuts water off outside.

Time elapsed 45 minutes: Recovered from the disaster. Floor mopped up, bedroom rug hand dried as best we can. The TP roll gave it's life to the casue....

Lesson learned.... Never ever trust a plastic shutoff on a garden hose inside the camper.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:50 AM   #28

SUN #4040
jim44646 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKLarson View Post
Here's what I was reducing to doing when I drove down a narrow rd 1/2mile past the last turnaround opportunity w/o a wheel or even a skid plate for my jackpost:
After numerous (& I mean numerous) attempts to back up my short, single axle trailer where I'd gain 3 ft before jack-knifeing & lose one of them when I realligned; I became VERY frustrated. Unhooked, turned around, & drove tv back to "good" side, pointed in direction I needed to get outta this jam. Had I a wheel or some way to support bottom of jack post I could have put a tow strap on tongue & dragged the front end around. Without one I was forced to jack the tongue up on a hydraulic jack I did manage to have along. I'd then kick it off the jack, gaining a few degrees back toward the direction I wanted the trailer to point. Jack up, kick off , jack up, kick off. After about 20 of these maneuvers I gained enough degrees to be able to rehitch & drive outta there.
My dear wife was most supportive, never laughing nor criticizing, ever the perfect traveling companion. I now have both a skid plate & wheel for my jackpost but 1st ride my mt bike down any narrow rds before towing down them very far
I understand your pain. Once a month I have to pull a 10' box trailer to the food bank with a 3500 van. When there I have to back into a loading bay between other vehicles. That long van and short box likes to go everywhere I don't want it to.
Firestone Transforce AT tires
Reese Dual Cam Sway Control
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #29

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
I hear you John.

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #30
Jon

SUN #4451
Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
Last week I forgot to hook the swaybar up. Went down the road for a couple miles before hearing that rattling sound. Ruined the sway bar and probably shot a nice big chunk of steel bar down the road. Hope no one caught it in their windshield. LOL
Old 11-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #31

SUN #1879
OhhWell is an unknown quantity at this point
Thought it would be no problem to take the end off the awning arm with the awning fully extended. Didn't think about the spring pressure that is used when rolling the awning back up. Lost the skin down to the knuckle on my thumb and my thumbnail fell off a couple days later.

Former trailers - '94 T-2770
'02 t-2753
'08 Keystone Sprinter 299BHSS
OhhWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #32

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhWell View Post
Thought it would be no problem to take the end off the awning arm with the awning fully extended. Didn't think about the spring pressure that is used when rolling the awning back up. Lost the skin down to the knuckle on my thumb and my thumbnail fell off a couple days later.
Now that is funny.
Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #33

SUN #4583
sludgeman is an unknown quantity at this point
HI: can anyone tell me what the switch on the wall inside the door on the door side towards the front is for. What does't control. It doesn't appear to work any lights and haven't found out in the handbook what it does. Any help would be great. Thanks sludgeman.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #34

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludgeman View Post
HI: can anyone tell me what the switch on the wall inside the door on the door side towards the front is for. What does't control. It doesn't appear to work any lights and haven't found out in the handbook what it does. Any help would be great. Thanks sludgeman.
Hi sludgeman
...what model trailer? can you take a picture and post it here?
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #35

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
On my 2363 there is a switch by the front door that turns on the inside light over the door BUT the switch on the light itself must be on first.

As Poppy & Nana said, posting the model will help.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #36

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludgeman View Post
On an '07 1950 (info in your profile), it should either be a porch light outside or the ceiling light as the others have said. For the interior light, the switch on the light itself must be on in order for the wall switch to work.

To figure it out, turn on the switch, then go turn on all the ceiling lights. Then turn off the switch. Then you'll know which one it works. Then just go turn off the remaining lights manually.

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote