Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-17-2015, 08:26 AM   #1

SUN #7146
kcmedic33 is an unknown quantity at this point
City water hookup

Hello,
We just got our 1996 Sunline T2670 and I'm just dying to take it out.
My rookie question is aboout the plumbing. As of right now my TT is winterized. I have antifeeze in lines. Water heater bypass is closed. Also there is a hose from the water pump to the (I'm assuming) fresh water tank. If I hook up to the city water will it still run the facuets with the water pump disconnected? In theory I could even keep the water heater closed off if I'm using just the city line right?
Still trying to figure everything out. I've read so much about TT that my head is spinning.
Thanks,
Chris

Old 04-17-2015, 09:34 AM   #2

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
RV Water system 101:

You have two parallel water supplies. You can fill the water tank and use the pump to pressurize the system or you can hook up to "City" water and run off the supplied pressure. There is a check valve in the water pump that will keep the "City" water from running through the pump and backfilling (overflowing) the tank. There should be two places for water supply a tank fill, that you can pour water into (no direct connection) and your "city" water hookup that a garden hose hooks up to.

You should have a hose from the fresh tank to the pump, and then a hose from the pump to the trailer system. Unless something was done custom, there is no connection to pump into the tank.

Search on winterizing and tank sanitizing for how to's on both.

You need to sanitize the system before using it for drinking water. This is from the Sunline Spring Startup Guide: (it's in the Files Section)

Quote:

6. If your water has a bad taste or strange odor, take these steps to kill bacteria that may be
present:
a. Fill fresh water tank half way with clean, fresh water.
b. Mix 1/4 cup of household bleach for every 15 gallons of tank capacity in a container
with a gallon or two of clean water and pour this mixture into the water tank.
c. Top off the water tank with fresh water. Go for a drive to mix the solution.
d. Pump water through each faucet so that all the lines are filled with the water/bleach
mixture from the tank. Usually, running a quart of water out each faucet is adequate.
e. The hot-water tank holds at least 6 gallons of water. Run the hot water faucets until this
much solution has passed to insure that the old water has been purged from the hot-water
tank, and it is now filled with the water/bleach solution from the water tank.
f. Let the water stand for several hours.
g. Drain the entire water system, hot water tank included.
h. To remove the bleach odor, mix 1/2 cup of baking soda with a gallon of water and pour
into the freshwater tank.
i. Fill the tank completely and pump this solution through the water heater and rest of the
water lines. This solution can sit in the system for a few days. Driving the rig around the
block will slosh water around and thoroughly clean the tank.
j. Drain the entire system and refill with fresh, clean water.
Is your pump disconnected or are you talking about using "city" connection?

Yes, you can leave the hot water heater bypassed just make sure you don't accidently turn on the electric heater, if you have one, it will melt down if the tank is dry.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:26 PM   #3

SUN #7146
Wow, thank you so much for response. I have thought about not using the fresh water tank and just using city water. The pump is still disconnected from the fresh water tank.
But it sounds like I should hook everything back up and make sure its sanitized?
Old 04-17-2015, 04:40 PM   #4

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess the first question to answer is why it was disconnected?

Leak, bad pump, etc.?

If it is just disconnected, I would put it back together. If you don't hook the pump back up, you'll need to plug the hose to the pump before you use the city connection.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:12 PM   #5

SUN #7146
I think the guy before me only used a city connection and no water heater. Hopefully it wasnt because of a leak. I have gone through it pretty good looking for signs of water. I will hook it all up and see what I have.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:10 AM   #6

SUN #6579
Relie is an unknown quantity at this point
Pump

The guy before you may have used the pump to push the anti freeze thru the lines at the end of the season. A lot of guys use this method to winterize the system. Hope this helps.

Dave
Old 04-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #7

SUN #7146
Thanks for the response! Hopefully I can get it done this week so we can be out of town this weekend!