Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #1

SUN #1546
apackoftwo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Anyone Have a Water Softener?

Well I am down here in the Hill Country of Texas (full timing) and I noticed how DRY my hair was.

I never though about hard water, quite hard. I am heading to Tuscon in January and apparently the water is hard there also.

I start researching and built up of minerals in hard water hard can damage the water heater. Also build up on shower head and faucets

I did find a thread about using a white vinegar flush for the water heater and shower head and faucets. I started using apple cider vinegar and drinking water to rinse my poor hair to help it recover.

I just used the GEO method in both tanks to try to clean the tank monitors as they are pretty much useless now so the Calgon should help there.

However, I also ran across several water softeners used in RV/Marine applications and I am wondering if anyone has these or know someone use has used them? They aren't inexpensive but it would solve the whole hard water problem, hair, skin and water heater and built up on shower head and faucets.

This one got good reviews: On the Go Portable Water Softener

And this one that I ran across and is applied differently Waterstick

Joan & Miss Emme Lu Who
Full Timing in T-1950 2005 Anniversary Model
1997 6.5L Chevy Turbo Diesel Truck
"Pure Michigan"
Facebook: Apackof2 for the Rd
apackoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard water, water, water softerner