Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #1

SUN #594
goodstuff934
Adding speakers to 1991 Star-Ray T-170

Help,
Where would I find the far ends of the eight wire used for four speakers? I have four sticker on the ceiling showing me where the wires are located but where are the other end of the wires hiding?

Thanks,

Goodstuff934

Old 05-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #2

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Adding speakers to 1991 Star-Ray T-170

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodstuff934
Help,
Where would I find the far ends of the eight wire used for four speakers? I have four sticker on the ceiling showing me where the wires are located but where are the other end of the wires hiding?
Are the stickers on the ceiling located at the probable locations of the loudspeakers?

If they are, then the other end of all the speaker wires should be in a cabinet or panel where the AM/FM/CD or Tape Player would normally be located. It's probably got a blank insert where the stereo should go. In older units, Sunline favored placing the radio system in a high compartment where the antenna and speaker wires could be easily routed to the roof and ceiling. Looking at the T-170 floor plan, I would first look in the overhead compartment above the dinette in the front of the coach. If not there, then check the overhead compartment near the couch/main bed in the rear.

They may have hidden these wires behind a panel in the back of the compartment so don't be afraid to look there.

You should (hopefully) find the four speaker wires plus a 12vdc line and a ground wire there. If there is a radio antenna installed on the trailer, the radio end of the antenna cable should be there as well. That should have the traditional automotive connector on it which will plug right into most automotive style radios. It is possible that the speaker wires and the power lines all come into a single plug which may be well hidden in the compartment.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #3

SUN #503
sdsferraro
Send a message via Yahoo to sdsferraro
I have a '90 Starray T-274 and the antenna and speaker wires were mounted in the top of the cabinet above the 12v converter. Not sure if this helps.