Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #21

SUN #7661
Buffetman is an unknown quantity at this point
Under the hood in the fuse box.top left empty fuse spot on 01 Tahoe.. standing beside the left front tire..my fuse was missing.. just now I put in the fuse and now I have voltage at the charge terminal on the trailer connector.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:56 AM   #22

SUN #9588
Nofrills is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup...that's just the spot! Now,it IS constant voltage,so I have to disconnect or throw my master switch to avoid draining the TV battery.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:28 PM   #23

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofrills View Post
Yes,it drops to 12.7v off,but it's still live and would be a draw. I have yet to measure voltage at my camper battery when plugged in to make sure it's actually getting to the battery,but I so have a master switch,so I can always just keep it off when in storage.
The only draw would be to the camper battery it would not kill your truck battery. You can turn it off in storage but batteries will self discharge so you will need to provide a charge device while it's stored or you'll have a dead battery when you decide to go camping. If you store it in freezing weather without a method to charge the batteries they will discharge and freeze.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:34 PM   #24

SUN #2097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofrills View Post
Yup...that's just the spot! Now,it IS constant voltage,so I have to disconnect or throw my master switch to avoid draining the TV battery.
No, the isolator is in the truck it will not kill the truck battery if the voltage drops when the key is off it is isolated. If you test the power pin in the trailer plug yes it will have voltage and yes it will feed back into the TV wiring but it will not reach the battery because the isolator relay will block it.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:12 PM   #25

SUN #2097
Testing small DC voltages with a DVM can give false positives because it produces zoro resistance and does not load the circuit it takes very little to trip a DVM into showing voltages that really are not there but a rising voltage or falling voltage has meaning. A test light would be more appropriate. Manufactures can do some pretty dumb things but modern vehicle electronics have come a long way and anything past the early 90's with a tow package more than likely has an isolator.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:59 AM   #26

SUN #8853
ggrvguy is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't believe you have an isolator in your tv. my Trailblazer with factory towing did not, i installed a relay. Otherwise you will have to disconnect from your tv when dry camping or you will run both batteries down together.
gary G
Old 08-16-2017, 11:57 AM   #27

SUN #2097
Being GM that would not surprise me if they did not provide a fuse why would they provide a relay? Simple fix for no relay https://www.amazon.com/Amp-Volt-Stud.../dp/B0056RH3P2 just remove the wire at the fuse panel instal the diode conect the wire to the diode the other to the stud.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #28

SUN #9247
enormiss is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats cool, didnt know diodes came rated that high of current
Old 08-16-2017, 03:19 PM   #29

SUN #2097
Yeah that's to keep your batteries from driving your wind turbine same concept. With heat sinks they go a good deal higher in current.