Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-13-2008, 02:01 PM   #1

SUN #569
bignascarfan
7332 Saturn t1700 just a few questions.

Ok, let me give you a little history.
Hot water tank slpit wide open. Engineered two borken water heaters to make one that works... (Small budget to work with) That works great!!!!

I also noticed a soft spot on the floor. So, I opened up the floor, by peeling back the two last owner installed peel and stick vynal, and the original floor to find wet wet wet, this can of worms is getting wors. The soft spot is infron of the door. as I peeled back further and further, I find that it goes all the way to the front umder the bench seat. There is some minor damage near the water heater, but this is still solid as I dryed it out after removeing the old water heater. No other plumbing is leaking.
I opened up the floor just last weak and it is soaked. Insulation too. This camper seem to have a Metal roof? It looks like it is in pretty good condition. Should I just seal the seams and edges or do to the age should I buy the rubber? Is the rubber easy to instal? or do I have to have a pro do it? ( I am pretty handy)

I know that I should probobly run some type of sealent around the windows and doors as well as replace weather striping, any suggestions on what to use? or is Silicone based caulk ok to use?

And last but not least, how hard is it to remove the bench seat to replace the floor and then replace the seat? I would like to make the seat that becomes a bed a little bigger so My wif and I can both sleep on it with out pushing each other out. I could use some advice on that too. (Making the bed bigger that is)

I will thank you all in advance for any help you can give me. I have more question, but first I need to have a dry floor to walk on. Oh yea, the top of the linolium was dry just the wood on down.

Thanks again.