Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-27-2019, 09:58 AM   #1

SUN #10354
Boomer485 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile 2003 Sunline Solaris Venetian Blinds

The Venetian Blinds in our Sunny are in very sad shape. They were rough when we bought it and knew we would have to replace them.

We are wondering if any of you have replaced your blinds, what with? Approximate cost? Suggestions on how to go about it?

We really like our Sunny and are working to upgrade it (Will post more on that later) and continue to enjoy it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Old 04-27-2019, 12:20 PM   #2

SUN #10989
Kaajot is an unknown quantity at this point
Boomer-

I'm actually with the same problem. I have some blinds in my bedroom that my bored Lab/Pitt decided to rip down, so if anyone has some feedback I'd greatly appreciate any leads as well on replacing blinds for Sunline Solaris models.

Hopefully someone has some ideas or tips and sources.

-KJ

Old 04-27-2019, 02:02 PM   #3

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
I used Steves Blinds on the internet. I was able to reuse the existing mounts, which saved a lot of time. Only thing is there are no wands anymore unless you request them. The blinds are raised up and down using your hand. Price was very reasonable when on sale. Make sure you tell them to cut as measured, not taking anything off.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:45 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
I had a good friend who just replace his in his 2007 Sunline. They went to Home Depot, found a blind they liked and gave them the "exact" dimensions the blinds needed to be. Especially in the width. He had to make sure the mounting brackets would work, but once he found the right ones with the right mtg clips, that would work with his valances, they custom ordered them and he put them up. They came out well.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 07:36 AM   #5

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah there are numerous sites online that will make them any size you want.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:22 AM   #6

SUN #250
HurleyMan
We are also going to replace our blinds in our 2007 195SR. We travel with a bad kitty. He ruined several before we gave up and left all the blinds up a couple inches. No shortage of options but if kids or pets are a problem. Consider a cordless option. I can replace all 11 blinds with cordless ones for around $380 from Select Blinds. I'll look around more and maybe find them even cheaper. Plus I will save a little by not replacing the ones with very minor damage. I created an account and saved my cart on Select Blinds. This is a nice way to save your dimensions. Then you can print them out while you shop around the Internet.
I checked out Steve's Blinds and it's already cheaper than Select Blinds. Thanks to j52wf! Currently they have a "Cinco de Mayo" extra 15% discount using FIESTA. Today might be a good day to bring this topic up with my wife again and get this done today so we are ready for our first trip this season.

Repair isn't an option. Unfortunately since every blind has no extra slats in the bottom stack like my home. I can't just replace the damaged slats. Now that I think of it, I have 2 blinds each with one slat that has minimal damage. I could swap them out with the bottom slat and I'll bet you would never notice it at the bottom instead of at eye view.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:06 AM   #7

SUN #250
HurleyMan
Update:

I have 9 blinds, not 11 as mistakenly posted. Spoke to wife immediately after posting. She agreed to replace all 9 blinds with new cordless one's. It was $350 @ Steve's Blinds. If I didn't want cordless It would have been $266. Very economical to do 9 windows in my opinion.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:44 PM   #8

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
Steve's was terrific. I mismeasured due to PO using a different size in the kitchen. Since it was wuthin their 7 day window, they exchanged for no charge except for return shipping.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:23 PM   #9

SUN #10354
Boomer485 is an unknown quantity at this point
Blind replacement

Thanks! Will check Steves and Home Depot. I like Home Depot as I get a military discount with them. 10% is 10%. I really like the idea of cordless. I am not sure what happened to our blinds as I never did meet the original owner. But the bottoms are pretty trashed out and they just look like crap. The one in the eating area, bathroom, window by the tv, and both windows in the bedroom have issues. So might just as well replace all of them. I want to see if I can room darkening for the bedroom as well.

Will let you all know how it shakes out.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:39 AM   #10

SUN #9498
Draughty is an unknown quantity at this point
We just used blinds from either Home Depot or Lowe's.. I'd have tried Menards if we had been in the States.
Made sure the measurements for the window width and bought the 'automatic' style that doesn't need a cord or wand.
We had already removed the valances as they were outdated and dirty and we liked the look of the blinds without those original parts.