Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #1

SUN #31
campingne
2003 sunline decals

Hello
I beleive that i have read somewhere on this site that there was a dealer that may have had decals for sale. My brother in-law just purchased a 2003 2370 yesterday. The rear sunline decal is in bad shape. It has a tear in it and it has started to peel. If anyone knows of decals could you please let me know. I have told him about this site so hopefully he will join soon.

Thanks Chris

Old 08-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
MakersMark had some Sunline decals for sale at the Buttonwood get to gether. After I purchased my '03 T-320, I contacted him and he had sold all that he had. I tried to contact the person that Makers Mark recommended, but got no replies.

I am hoping to find the "SR slide room" decals as one is totally gone and the other one is not fairing very well either. I am going to try to see if the local decal place might be able to reproduce it.

Kitty

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #3

SUN #31
campingne
Hi Kitty
Please let me know if you come acroos any options for decals. I will post it if i am able to locate any.
Thank you
Chris
Old 08-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #395
HappyCampers is an unknown quantity at this point
Kitty,
I bought some decals from Jay at the M&G, and I may have purchased a slide room decal. Anyway, I have a contact that can and will reproduce any decal I can give/show him. He is a friend of mine that letters my fleet of trucks at work. He recently purchased a $30K thermal imaging vinyl printer that makes reproducing the type of decals we need very easy and cost effective. If I have one here at home it will make it even easier. If I don't, a good picture of a decal in decent shape will do the trick. If you would like me to investigate this further just let me know. His shop is a whopping 300 yards from my front porch here in downtown Wellsville so it isn't any inconvenience.
Chris, if you are also interested just let me know. I'll see what I can do.
2003 F-304SR (Last Sunline "The Big One")
1985 T-1650 (Current Sunline)
2004.5 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 HO Cummins
HappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCampers
Kitty,
I bought some decals from Jay at the M&G, and I may have purchased a slide room decal. Anyway, I have a contact that can and will reproduce any decal I can give/show him. He is a friend of mine that letters my fleet of trucks at work. He recently purchased a $30K thermal imaging vinyl printer that makes reproducing the type of decals we need very easy and cost effective. If I have one here at home it will make it even easier. If I don't, a good picture of a decal in decent shape will do the trick. If you would like me to investigate this further just let me know. His shop is a whopping 300 yards from my front porch here in downtown Wellsville so it isn't any inconvenience.

Please check into this! Kitty and I would like to have some sharp looking decals, to go with our sharp looking Sunline!

Gary

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:52 PM   #6

SUN #549
frank
Quote:
Kitty,
Lowell,

Please do look into it. I will need a couple decals for mine, and I've been looking into reproducing them myself, but it certainly wouldn't happen on a professional grade machine. Would love to see what he could do it for cost wise.

Thanks!

Frank
Old 08-04-2009, 07:31 AM   #7

SUN #379
2beagles
Re: 2003 sunline decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingne
Hello
I beleive that i have read somewhere on this site that there was a dealer that may have had decals for sale. My brother in-law just purchased a 2003 2370 yesterday. The rear sunline decal is in bad shape. It has a tear in it and it has started to peel. If anyone knows of decals could you please let me know. I have told him about this site so hopefully he will join soon.

Thanks Chris
Was that the one at Dufour's in Fitchburg? If so, that's a nice coach!
The only thing I noticed wrong with it was the rear decal.

Stoltzfus still has front decals for sale. I think they're a little larger.
Their ebay store link is HERE

2017 F-150 Crew Cab
2003 2570
2beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #395
Ok, I went up to see my buddy after work, with the decals I bought from Jay in tow. He took off the masking and took a good look at the decals. After a little looking in some trade publications he is sure that he can reproduce a very close version of our decals. The only issue may be the slightly metallic look in some of the colors (not all of them have this anyway) as he can't seem to find a source for this. I'm now going to send some files to my younger brother (he is a graphic designer) to "digitize" so they they can be printed. I'll try to keep everyone posted on the progres of this venture, but if we can get a good idea which decals are needed the most we could start there. Also if anyone has the images in a JPeg, vector, or PDF format you can send them to me to forward to my brother. My regular E-mail addy is LNewcomerII@gmail.com.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:33 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
I talked to Jan yesterday and got some pictures of some of what she has. I've uploaded the pictures to Photobucket and HERE's a link to the album... She's going to see what all she has and let me/us know...

Old 08-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #10

SUN #31
campingne
2beagles-
Yes he bought the camper from Dufours in Fitchburg. We picked it up yesterday and he is getting it ready today. We are going to Wilgus SP in Vermont tomorrow morning, for a few days. Thank you for the link to the ebay store for the decals. I will talk to my brother in law this weekend.

happycampers-
I would like more info on the decals that your friend may be able to print out. Maybe you could find out an aprox. cost and quality. When you know the info. you might be able to get a qty. from everyone who is interested. That may make it better for your neighbor so He will know if it is worth doing.
Please keep me posted

Thank you both
Chris
Old 08-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #395
I got a cost estimate on the large "Sun" decals. Ryan said that they should cost about $35, that was with him doing the computer work to ready the images for the printer. Of course the more we buy the less they will cost. I told him that there are many variations of the decals so its hard to determine how many, and which ones we will need.
To help defray some of the cost I've enlisted the help of my younger brother, who is a graphic designer and has a lot of experience with this stuff, to do the computer work. The first decal he is working on is the SR (slide room) decal. He has about 2.5 hours tied up in that image alone. He told me that they won't all take that long but that the SR decal has a lot of detail and is taking longer because he wants it to be just right. The only real problem that he is running into is matching the color on the decal to the pantone color # for printing. Its hard to match the color with just a photograph to work from. So right now we are looking at a few solutions to this problem. I'll definately keep everyone up to date on this experimental run.
Oh, the material that these will be printed on is a much better material that was orig. used by Sunline. The orig. Sunline decals are a laminated ink jet print. Where as the new decals are going to be thermal printed onto a superior material with a life expecancy of 15 years.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
Quote:
The only real problem that he is running into is matching the color on the decal to the pantone color # for printing. Its hard to match the color with just a photograph to work from. So right now we are looking at a few solutions to this problem. I'll definately keep everyone up to date on this experimental run.
I used to have a PMS chart, from when I worked in printing. If I can find it, I'll see if I can get a very close estimate of the proper PMS number for the colors...

Old 08-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #395
Gary,
Did you happen to find your PMS chart? The computer work on re-tooling the decal is finished. We are ready to print a few test runs.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
Quote:
Gary,
Did you happen to find your PMS chart? The computer work on re-tooling the decal is finished. We are ready to print a few test runs.
No, I haven't found it yet... I will keep looking

Old 09-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #15

SUN #358
tnblder48
Sunline Decals

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had made any progress in having the Sunline decals replicated.

Thanks,
Denny.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
Re: Sunline Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnblder48
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had made any progress in having the Sunline decals replicated.

Thanks,
Denny.
Hey Denny,
I'm working on some decals for our 2003 T-320 SR. I'll post what I find out..

Old 10-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #395
Gary, Denny,
Sorry I've been away for awhile for various reasons, but I have good news. My brother did finish (a few weeks ago) the SR logo computer work. He also matched the color from your photo as closely as he could. I will forward him the info you supplied in an earlier post to compare to his matching. The printer is ready to do a test printing of the completed piece. After he makes me a test print I want to take it camping with me and hold it next to an orig. to see how it looks. I'll keep in contact with any progress.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
Quote:
Gary, Denny,
Sorry I've been away for awhile for various reasons, but I have good news. My brother did finish (a few weeks ago) the SR logo computer work. He also matched the color from your photo as closely as he could. I will forward him the info you supplied in an earlier post to compare to his matching. The printer is ready to do a test printing of the completed piece. After he makes me a test print I want to take it camping with me and hold it next to an orig. to see how it looks. I'll keep in contact with any progress.
Welcome back Lowell...

I've also been looking into getting the decals from somewhere else. I wasn't sure what had happened to you and Kitty sent me a link to check into about it.

Here's a few pictures that I took, of the SR decal. I had a tape measure nearby, to help with size reference.

I also got a picture of the stone guard, while I had it out...

Some measurements, I tried to measure from where the decals was originally...

Here's my reply, to the email I sent him:

"Gary
Thank you for sending photos of the various Sunline logos on your RV. The photos with the tape measure give me a good idea of the total size of the logos and allow me to price them for you.

Pricing on Sunline logos:

"SR" logo 14.5" x 6" $39.00 each
"Sunline" logo 29" x 14 9/16" $56.00 each

If you were to place an order for a quantity of logos I will price the project at total material usage, not per logo; this should elicit savings of at least 25% on a per logo price. Let me know the total quantity of each logo you expect order and I will offer you a bulk price based on the material usage.

All production will be digitally printed on high performance cast vinyl rated for 8 years outdoor life.

I appreciate your continued interest in our graphic services and look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Steve Zacher
RV Stripes & Graphics, Inc.
"Life's Too Short to Drive Ugly !"
480 984 7939 Ext. 3#
steve@rvsg.com
www.dontdriveugly.com"

Old 05-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #19

SUN #2245
chicken is an unknown quantity at this point
what kind of payment would you want for the 03' sunline front window
Old 05-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #20

SUN #2245
chicken is an unknown quantity at this point
what kind of payment would you like for a 03' sunline front window decal and the slide room decal please i look every were and cant find so please dont be a scam or a fake i need asap i need these for a good price too ok thank you very much.