Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #1

SUN #627
Chef Ron
1984 T-3200 1st time

Hi, I am looking at 1984 to buy. It has been in a camp ground for 8 years and not moved for 4. The inside is all org. and in great shape. No leaks. The under side looks great. I am going to pull the wheels and put new tires on. Question is should I pull the brakes and replace?
Also new grease?
I just have to move it 60 miles. Any thoughts would be helpfull.
Thanks Ron

Old 06-14-2008, 09:01 PM   #2

SUN #382
Mooney
I would at least shoot some new grease into the bearings....

and hope like heck the brakes aren't frozen.

I take it that it's going back into another CG as a seasonal? If so, make it into the best running condition you can at the least expense (make it street legal and go for it).

If it's going to be a weekender, and you're gonna end up replacing things anyway, I would just do it before taking any chances.

My wife and I had an '81 and it was originally sitting in a guy's yard for over 2 years when we got it- I did the grease after we got it home, but were lucky enough that the brakes weren't frozen up.
My brother Ghettomedic still has this coach and pulls it (I replaced the bearings before it changed hands- but the brakes are still original to us and going strong).

Happy Camping, and enjoy your new unit!

'05 2380s Solaris Lite, axles flipped
Mooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:32 PM   #3

SUN #549
frank
Ron,

At the least I would pull the drums to inspect the brakes and the bearings. Meaning, I'd wash out the bearings (using a solvent), dry throughly, inspect, pack and reinstall.

As for the brakes themselves, it's hard to say what to do without seeing the condition. Assuming the shoes have some lining left, I'd probably wash down the parts with some Brakleen, knock the rust off the drums with some emory cloth and make sure they weren't binding up. Then depending on the condition, I'd replace the assemblies at home.

- Frank
Old 06-15-2008, 10:56 AM   #4

SUN #627
Chef Ron
Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I let you know when I get it home. I am Planing to use on it weekends so I will do the work before I move it.
Thanks , Ron