Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline 5th Wheels
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #1

SUN #4578
Split is an unknown quantity at this point
Scored classic 5th, 18 1/2' 1986 Super Clean

This model had been on our radar screen for the past 6 months after reading from other owners / members. We purchased a super clean 1850 here in the South East. Inside is like a time capsule. All orig cushions, wallpaper, table, window curtains, etc.
It is a 1986 model , upper frame Vin has the code 1LC 3 S 1H1 2GD ___ ___. Roof Coleman Air . 3 way refrig.. rear window at the dinette table has center clear section for emergency side push out.. Front upper bunk is fixed, with no outside rock guard. There is a inside dark sun visor plastic shade. New 15 " Tires. Light tan interior cabinets.

I will post in the classifieds our 79 15' rear dinette model SC, needs to find a new owner. ?

Old 10-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #2

SUN #559
janepete
Nice! We used to have a 1985 2351 5th wheel. You'll love the room. Any interior photos?

2005 T-2363
2008 Tundra Dbl cab 5.7
janepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #3

SUN #4578
THANKS J.P. Our grandkids are in central Maine. Auburn / Lewiston area of Buckfield. They all love the snowmobile activities, etc. Yes a few of the interior pics worked with my basic flash. The floor seem tan with a small
weave pattern design in the vinyl . Same for wallpaper, need to look up close
to see flower pattern, & a small texture to the dinette table.
The mirror door to right is the bath / shower .. The square glass window
over the table is a emergency exit. All drawers are still very solid.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #4

SUN #559
janepete
Looks familiar.
2005 T-2363
2008 Tundra Dbl cab 5.7
janepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #5

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #6

SUN #128
Tweety
What a beauty! The interior decor takes me back to our original Sunline 1660. I loved that little trailer!
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #7

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
WOW what a great looking older camper!!! About the only thing faded (yellowed) looks like the AC plastic vents. The camper must of lived indoors a good part of it's life.

And a real 4 burner stove top!!! I really do not like the 3 burner ones we have. A griddle does not work well on ours.

Thanks for sharing

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #8

SUN #4578
Road Trip & Re-furbish

..Two hour solo ROAD TRIP went well Wednesday to tow back thru Ala, & Ga into S.E. Tenn. . The front bunk roof vent blew off very early ! Good thing
sunny day. Was windy , but did not feel any sway on I-59 ,& very few 18 wheel trucks.. Any other newbies to bed hitch should take the TailGate OFF truck.. No damage , but tight clearance.
... 2) Two days of initial refurbish.. Both 20 # gas cyl empty, but I had one at house.. Battery very weak , but charging on the converter.. Oven & four
burner stove working.. Furnace got lit.. Black water tank emptied.(?) Lousy lady seller, but we wanted this model ... No water lines needed draining.
Found the sink cutting board, & has under refrig slide out cutting board. Floor pattern, table pattern & wallpaper has nice pattern & great cond.
Roof air seems to work, but will test Tuesday with warmer weather.. Noticed the rear table window is emergency hinge removal, so seems in the pic to be
2014 food court.! .Also the roof front bed is two foot vent hinge emergency exit or Nascar viewing , bird watching crow nest.? 2nd pic.
... YES the White 15 foot 1979 SunLIne small is still For Sale North Ga C.L.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #9

SUN #4578
Here is a better Kitchen picture looking forward to the nose berth.. The two steps have lift up tops for more storage under. . Smaller sliding curtain rail for privacy..The DVD / tv is playing on the entry partition. This spot would also hold the moveable MicroWave... I do like the texture diamond pattern floor. Has almost alternate light / dark tile design.. The wallpaper behind the stove / sink is wild-flowers with some names printed & a short story text about wild strawberries. Seems like we have original curtains per brochure. Some of the dead ceiling bulbs are being replaced, & tomorrow will be the battery thin blade lugs that are almost broken off. !
Old 12-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #10

SUN #4769
JD-Hogg is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome looking rig!. I have one just like it and same year model south of Atl. changed a few things on the inside of mine and re-painted the stripes on the outside. I love mine and know you will yours too!
Old 12-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #11

SUN #4578
Smile

THANKS, J.D. . I went back thru your pics, & interior touches look like good ideas..We are still getting the roof vents more sturdy. Large side awning will need some fabric repair / sewing, etc (?).. Getting some stuff in the cabinets as we are planning a mid Jan trip to Central Fla.. Going down thru ALA rt #59, etc.. just dont like Atlanta traffic..
.We have been entered in a smaller display with other classic RV smalls Jan 16 - 19th in Gainesville to the East of Paynes Prairie State Park.. Called the Prairie CREEK LODGE, or known as ALACHUA CONSERVATION TRUST. Will take many pics for that rally. . If any members here can stop by.. I am not sure if there is any admission / donation for the Sat open House .??

. 2nd stop will be Jan 20 - Feb 2nd Homosasa springs marina RV for a music DULCIMER seminar .
PS, OUr ceiling if quite clean in white , I did paint the A/C ceiling housing , got the roof 24 " escape HAtCH bought & installed.. Same as you extra dinette cushions & larger bed mattress size.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #12

SUN #4769
Yours is in such fine shape much the same as mine was too!...Its the spitting image of the way mine was even down to the oak wood grain. I bought mine for 200$ 4 yrs ago and it had only been used a short period of time. I'm sure we could share some war stories but I wouldn't trade mine now for anything. These little jewels are rare down here and eye catchers at that! The guys at my deer camp are amazed. Mine finally started barely leaking around the front escape vent this fall. I intend on fixing that after deer season..Any questions just ask for I may have a couple to ask you as well. Good to have a neighbor with one of these rarities. I'm up your way quite often in the spring Trout fishing.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #13

SUN #4578
Question

J. Our lady seller was not that helpful or honest in her answers, BUT it was the exact size / model we had on our radar screen for six months after reading the threads here... I got a new escape HATCH mailed out of Ind A1 Customs (?) & put on .. Prior owner caulk / seled over the "C" channel hinge so the plastic would crack / break , not tilt .!!
.We are on the north side of Chattanooga, SODDY lake , wooded hilltop. Access to 200 aces , ATV trails, deer etc, retired here, room for four RV in back if you come thru ,or just visit / layover. You must go fly fising up on the Hiwassee river / Dayton / Birchwood.?
My converter to the battery red wire is only putting out NINE volts.. Inside ckts get the 13 volts. Did you change a converter out yet.?
Old 12-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #14

SUN #4769
No problems with converter yet but must say I'm not plugged in very often. I'm usually off the beaten path but so far everything works as if it were a brand new one. Love your awning set up. Mine didnt come with one but had the awning rails up top. I made one myself which works quite well but not like the setup you have. Also wish I had that AC unit. The guy that had it before me had a small window unit rigged up in the back but then again, I've been fortunate enough not to need AC so far. I would suggest, if you don't have one to try to locate a rock guard for the front window. Cant believe how yours is the twin to the way mine looked at first. I sure do enjoy mine for its the perfect size for me and the lady plus I can take it anywhere. BTW, do your electric brakes work?. Just got mine working this fall and forgot how nice it is to have them
Old 12-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #15

SUN #4578
JD: 1) ROCK GUARD. One of the early post pics, shows by initial 79 ,15ft Sunline that came with a very badly faded Front window shade guard.. I begged our artist friend to paint a Sun / boat MURAL.. I was not fully clear coated when we found this ALA 5th.. When I noticed NO front rock guard, I offered to include the Mural / shade with the 79 sale.. It was a way to ID what year this lady was selling. After home I do see two small sealed lower holes , sooo it must have been installed.. However Inside the bunk area there was dark TINTED plexiglass that was warped & unable to SLIDE side to side.. I removed the metal frame & pryed out & grind off 1/8th inch & cut into smaller pieces to slide easy. I guess on a hot day will block out some sun or nighttime street lamps, etc.. Also next time I tow . will sample if I can actually see all way thru back window for 18wheel truck rigs on INT behind the RV.??
2) Pull out awning is scheduled to be removed for sewing repair Friday am. The braces were not adjusted / pinned from the lady seller. I think she was helping a younger relative.!! I have one of those new 8' x 8' vendor push up shade tent, four leg canopy , Flea was $40, nice two tone brown.
3) Did not sample ele brakes yet , as our bigger 2010 truck did not come with a brake controller on dash .. Mega tow package & transmission gauges, but I guess needed to buy bigger 250 or 350 series to have mfg controller, I know it can be added, I did not sample the smaller 79 ,15ft as that also had wires into axle... I read hard to find PARTS for the Sunline supplier, so would like to read a detail finding of your brake topic. Our Fla , 3 week trip will give me more status cond.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #16

SUN #4769
The brakes are simple and easy to test. Simply hook up your on board battery. Then pull the plug from the breakaway switch located on the tongue of the trailer. This will send power to the brakes. Put a compass close to the wheel and see if the compass moves. If it does then your magnets are working. If not follow the wires back to the brakes and make sure you read 12volts. That was the only prob on mine which was a bad wire connecter. After that I simply adjusted the pads and installed a brake controller. The ones out now just plug straight into your truck in a snap and are ready to use. If you need brake parts they are easy to locate. Tractor supply and many other places carry what you would need and they're at a fair price too very easy to find and install
Old 12-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #17

SUN #4578
WOW JD , Good shade tree mechanic hint. Went to axle this am with the boat COMPASS & have WORKING Electric Brakes.. I also jacked up axle to feel drag & things are working nice. !!THANKS . I also unbolted the tilt out awning as the top edge will need to be re- sew. That must weigh about 70 lbs ! It was also missing one of the rusty "C" clips that position the small rod in one of the roof brackets.. Possible to vibrate out on hwy .? .. PIC of COMPASS , dial does not really rotate , BUT TILTS off level / balance when magnets get the voltage. Nifty, Hold near top of rim, at the rubber bead.