Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline 5th Wheels
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-09-2015, 07:49 AM   #1

SUN #6745
Gary A is an unknown quantity at this point
297 SR Advice

Good morning! I posted a couple weeks ago in regard to a 344....but I sat on my hands too long and missed it. I'm now looking at a 2003 297 SR and am looking for general comments, what's good, bad, etc. The unit is in very good shape. I suspect there are owners or past owners in the group that can give me some advice on things to look at or check carefully and I'm looking for that kind of advice. Anything that anyone in the group can do to enlighten me as to the quirks and/or desirability of this unit would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 05-09-2015, 09:25 PM   #2

SUN #43
Trailblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry, but I don't recall any of the 5th wheel owners on the forum having a 297SR. I have looked at the brochure for this model and see that it came either with bunks or a corner shower configuration. What configuration is the one you are looking at? Looking at the plans, this model with the bathroom at the back it looks like you would not have much basement storage space compared to the 344 you were previously looking at. Before buying take a close look at the slide floor for water rot especially if the unit didn't have a slide topper. If it does have rot, the floor can be replaced, just make sure you factor that into the price or have the dealer replace it as part of the deal.

2003 F311SR
2005 T-2753
Trailblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 05:54 AM   #3

SUN #6745
Trailblazer: Thanks for the quick response and solid advice. In doing a little further checking with the owner/dealer, I thought to ask about the floor to ceiling height, which is 6-0 and I'm 6-4. Oh well.. Thanks again!
Old 05-10-2015, 05:57 AM   #4

SUN #6745
BTW, if anyone is looking for a 297, this one is in Elkhart, Indiana and is 8000 or best offer. Was donated for a cancer fund. A great deal at that price. Craigslisted