Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline 5th Wheels
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #1

SUN #964
lewis
Send a message via Yahoo to lewis
1985 funline f/w 18.5

Hello and good afternoon fellow sunline camper's:.. I do hope some one on this stie anc help me. I recently bought a 1985 sunline fifith wheel camper. In going thur the camper I was able to located the note book that I asume was compiled by either the sunline factory or the dealership where it was purchased. their are a few things I would like to be able to find out about the camper and I thought maybe someone on this sight could help me with this.
1. How many years did Sunline make this camper?
2. What was the approx cost of this camper new?
3. What was considered standard equipment on it ?
4. What equipment was optional?
5 Does any one out their in the good old USA still have one of these campers?

What I'm wantingor should say hope to do is restore this camper to as close to factory condition as possiable.

Anyone with any information, oh this particular camper, I would really enjoy hearing from you. If anyone should have photos I would enjoy see those to.[/b]

Old 10-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #2

SUN #597
henryj
Hello Lewis, and welcome to the Sunline Owners Club.

You'll find the answers to many of your questions in the 1985 Sunline brochure. Click on the "Files" link in the top right of this page. Then click on "Sunline Brochures" and on the next page scroll down to the 1985 brochure. Happy reading. Sunline made an unbelievable number of models and floorplans back then. It was almost like, "tell us what you want and we'll build it."

Sunline Fan will know the details, but I'm guessing you have a pretty rare model as well as an old one. Let us know which model it is and post a picture.

Try this link for instructions:
http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/ph...opic.php?t=179

Henry

henryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #3

SUN #964
lewis
Send a message via Yahoo to lewis
1985 Sunline Fifith Wheel

HenryJ. Thanks so much for the reply to my post. I'm so glad to locate this information. You will never know how much I apperciate. you help.
Have a blessed day. I will post a picture tomorrow. Tahnks again
Old 10-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #4

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Lewis,

Sorry for the late response, I had a busy night last night.

Unfortunately, the Sunline FW's are rare, especially the 18' models. I'm assuming you probably have the rear-dinette F-1850. If you have a rear kitchen, then you'll have an 1860, which I have no pictures of.

I only have pictures of one 1850:

This one is #1344:

Unfortunately 1344 is missing the original hubcaps. The originals would have looked like this:

I'm guessing this is the manual you found?:

I remember you mentioned something about missing a rock guard for your front window. Ironically this example is missing it too...maybe it's the same coach? Here's an example of a rock guard if you wanted to make one up. This happens to be a rear one, but in this case the striping cut is the same as the front. For those members who have attended the Buttonwood Meet & Greet, you probably will recognize these next couple pics.

To answer your first four of five questions:

1) I'm not sure when Sunline started building your model because I don't have all the brochures going all the way back. However there is evidence that it was built all the way back to 1982 when they went under a different model number. At the time, it was an 18 1/2' RD Fifth Wheel. They produced the F-1850 through the 1989 model year.

2) Original MSRP list price was $8,326.00 Of course that doesn't include any options at all, so you'd have to add in those. It's hard to say what the options would have cost new...they only way to really tell that is to have an original sales contract.

3) Standard Equipment should be listed in the brochure.

4) I do remember options in 1985 are listed on the very last page (the back) of the brochure. You can see what ones it has. Keep in mind that some things may have been added in the aftermarket and some may have even been removed. This especially applies to spare tire covers. Most of them have deteriorated these days, so people take them off and replace them with plain ones. There were other options not listed that were more custom things that people had added on. It's possible you have some of these too. One that comes to mind is a rock guard for the rear window. I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned in the brochures, if it was it wasn't very often, but from time to time I see them show up.

Hope that answered all your questions. If you have any more, don't hesitate to ask.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #5

SUN #658
Nessmuk
Awesome post! I am in the process of buying one of these right now.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #6

SUN #658
Nessmuk
Just picked up mine today!!