Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Que
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-26-2007, 09:05 AM   #1

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Que Review!

So we took our maiden voyage this weekend![]
Aliner? What Aliner?[8D]

All went well. We DEFINATELY need to look into some sway control! Gas mileage was a bummer, but our TV is getting on in years, and will be replaced in two or three.

First night in, and we tried to level the thing. The BAL still fits, so you would think it would be easy. Well, it would be, except we decided to take the level, and apply the bubble things at the CG. Well that was all fun and games, until we realised that the tounge jack holder thingie was installed crooked. The jack holder was level, but the trailer was definately not. New bubble thingies will be applied to the trailer SIDES on our next trip out![:I]

No biggie. I am excited to use our shower, but first we have to flush the antifreeze out of the system. We follow EVERY direction in the instruction book. So Why is there water POURING out of the Hot Water heater?!?!?![!] Well, they said to OPEN the valve to let the air out. They didn't say to close it back! We could then not get the pilot lit. We thought we had fried the "heat protector" thing. No shower first night [v].

The next morining, the CG host came by and we asked him about our hot water. Turns out it was ALL OPERATOR ERROR.[B][] We did not know that after the pilot blows itself out, it will relight itself![8D] Crisis Averted! The shower is not as small as we thought, we both had plenty of room.

Then we try to plug in our radio to the outside outlet. It is not working![!] It is probably just a loose wiring thing, and we will look at it this weekend. Should be an easy fix (fingers crossed).

Putting the bed up and down was not too big of a deal. I found the coushins to be very comfortable. We had enough room, but the dogs were a little scrunched. One is not really a 'camping dog' anyhow. He usually stays home with Grandma nad Grandpa.

All in all, not a bad weekend. The TT is a success! I am left again wondering,

What was that about an Aliner?

Old 03-26-2007, 11:24 AM   #2

SUN #128
Tweety
So glad you had fun We did our shakedown in the driveway, and the only issue we found was the kitchen faucet leak (which is now fixed). I wonder if the outside plug is controlled by the switch that controls the outside light, such that the switch would have to be on for the plug to work. Seems silly but could be. We're gonna have to take her for a test tow this weekend. I know our PUP swayed if we didn't load it extremely evenly side to side and load up the tongue weight. But if we were careful about loading and kept the speed under 65 mph it was fine. Gonna have to take QUEtSE for a spin down 222 - past the Sunline factory - to check it out.

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:30 PM   #3

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
tinybluetj,

wrt the outside outlet not working, one suggestion, check your GFI outlet inside the camper. Make sure it's not reset.
I'm not familiar with the Que, but typically the outside outlet is wired off the GFI outlet so if that's reset, all outlet tied in after the GFI outlet also won't work.

Also, plug in your Que at home using a 30-15 amp adapter. It's ok to plug into a 15 or 20 amp outlet at home, just don't run the A/C or Microwave. Then check all outlets, inside and out. This will help determine if only the outside outlet isn't working.
If only the outside outlet isn't working, then it may be with the wiring or a bad outlet.
If multiple outlets are not working, then check the GFI outlet for being reset or the breakers, may one of the breakers reset.

Glade everything else on your maiden voyage went well. First of many many more.

We’re envious, it’ll be another 3 weeks before we get out camping.

Good luck.
Hutch
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:40 PM   #4

SUN #219
What6308
Send a message via AIM to What6308 Send a message via Yahoo to What6308
thank you both for the suggestions I will start my search there for it.