Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Que
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #1

SUN #149
nasa42a
Minor caution about add-on item

Folks.....
Well....I just discovered that one item I took for granted won't fit my Que. I had a Fantastic Fan installed in my Que's front vent by the selling dealer, intending to add the Maxair cover myself to save some money.
Bad assumption. After ordering & receiving the Maxair cover (model to fit Fantastic Fan), I discovered there isn't enough distance between the rear of the vent and the (roof-mounted) air conditioner on the Que. The vent cover won't fit.
To paraphrase an old carpenter's axiom, I guess it's "measure twice, order once for the Que"!

Frank

nasa42a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:36 AM   #2

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Frank,

I wonder if you could install one of the Standard MaxAir vent cover?
You wouldn't have the same problem with the standard MaxAir vent cover because it doesn't have the over hang. I'm guessing it's the over hang that's getting in your way.

The standard one may not give you the same air flow that the other MaxAir vent will but I would think it still would do the job. The only thing that the Fantastic Fan manual says about vent covers is that they don't recomment any because they (as stated in their manual) "greatly restricts airflow, causing accumulation of dust and increased sound levels."

I wonder if anyone else has installed the standard MaxAir vents over a Fantastic Fan. I would think there are, since I believe the Fantastic Fans have been out a lot longer than the MaxAir 800 Vent Cover.

It might be worth a post on RV.net Open Roads Forum to see if any has installed the standard MaxAir vent cover over a Fantastic Fan to see if it works ok.

Here's one post on the RV.net forum I found talking about using a standard MaxAir vent cover over Fantastic Fans, at least one person said he's using the standard MaxAir vent cover over a Fantastic Fan with no problems.
Link http://www.trailerlife.com/cforum/in...6.cfm#19618746
Here's another http://www.trailerlife.com/cforum/in...4.cfm#19562404
Look at the response from "tomousecap"
He made some minor modifications to the standard MaxAir vent cover by changing the mesh to a different screen to increase air flow.

Hope this helps.
Hutch

Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #3

SUN #128
Tweety
Frank,
That's too bad! DH wants to know if you know where the dealer got the electric to wire in the Fantastic Fan. Is it prewired?
Pam
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:40 PM   #4

SUN #149
nasa42a
Hutch.....
Thanks for the observation and helpful references. I think a standard MaxAir or competitor will be what I have to do. I do want a cover on my Fantastic Fan, so.....

Pam.....
The dealer fished power from one of the ceiling halogen lights. We discovered he'd inadvertantly used the one controlled by the light switch inside the door. So I have to turn on the power to that light to use the fan. Of course, the ceiling light has its own on-board switch, so I don't have to let the light burn to use the fan.

Frank
nasa42a is offline   Reply With Quote